2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekly Review: Aug 29 - Sep 4

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 3.54mi, .26mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 13:47 per mi, .29mi cool down walk
Notes: Got in a great feeling run/walk tonight, but still not happy with the pace. I felt like I was giving it more than that.  Not sure what that means for this weekend, we shall have to see.

Tuesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.05mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Decided to skip the incline workout tonight.  Got in a great walk though.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.98mi, .30mi warm up walk, 53i @ 13:36 per mi, .68mi cool down walk
Notes: Another really great run/walk.  I was even able to up the incline a bit.  I thought my pace was faster than this, but it still felt really good.  This was my last run before Disneyland and left me feeling pretty good so that is what counts.

Thursday
REST
Notes: Skipped my bike ride tonight since I have so much stuff to before heading to Disneyland in the morning.  Just like before last year and 2008, my legs are swollen again - hopefully they'll go down soon. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Walk - 2.76mi no pace
Notes: Got a pretty good walk in today going from the hotel to the Expo and back to the hotel.  Well, I'll be getting some exercise in staying at this hotel.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Disneyland Star Tours 5K - 5.87mi, 1.38mi warm up walk, 3.11mi @ 12:58 per mi, 1.38mi cool down walk
Notes: I was feeling really good during this race.  I had a lot of fun, felt good and enjoyed my run/walk intervals.  I thought I was going a bit faster than I was, but that's okay it was still pretty good overall.

Sunday
AM Workout: Disneyland Half Marathon - 16.17mi, 1.38mi warm up walk, 13.41mi @ 13:04 per mi, 1.38mi cool down walk
PM Workout: Walk 4.26mi @ no pace, 1.38mi from hotel, 1.5mi park walking, 1.38mi to hotel
Notes: The Disneyland Half proved to be a challenge for me again.  I still had a really good time doing the race, but I was a lot slower than I wanted to be.  It's okay, I still have a lot of things I need to work on and I'll do what I can to increase my speed and endurance even further.  I'll post a full race report on the blog later.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -3.20 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 39.63
Bike Miles: 00.00
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 39.63

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: MISSED

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 29.06
Bike Miles: 00.00
Elliptical Miles: 00.00
TOTAL MILES: 29.06

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Thank goodness for for theme park walking :)...I was able to squeeze out just enough mileage to get a bronze goofy medal this week...You'd think it wouldn't be that tough with a half marathon during the weekend, but I slacked a bit during the first part of the week as I tried to get ready to head out.

The Disneyland Half is over and now it's time to refocus on the next challenge.  That will be another half marathon in November.  I realize I have a lot of stuff to work on still and hope that I can commit and work on the things that I found I'm lacking in - mainly speed, endurance and strength.  As if that's not everything :).

Just as I knew would happen, I did not eat well during my trip and expect that the scale will show some negative progress when I weigh next.  It's always tough for me to make good choices during a trip - a work in progress for sure.  I hope to get back on track and moving in the right direction now!

September is in full swing, the weather is still hot, my races for the month are complete and yet I have a lot left to do this year.  I hope your month has started out incredibly and that you reach your goals!

3 comments:

Rae! said...

Really eating at the world is hard to do. But it can be done.
You still did good. I am proud!

J. Wazowski said...

What a Goofy week. Congrats on your Disneyland finish, but more importantly congrats on the consistency you have put in this year! Very proud of your sticktoitivness (is that even a word?)

Heat is such an energy zapper. Hopefully you will have some cooler temps out your way soon. Temps in the midwest have dropped and with that my endurance has improved.

Hope post race recovery has gone well.

han smith said...

Abdominal exercise machine there are actually plenty of effective exercises which you can use to trim your tummy. The link inside the author bio at the bottom of this write-up will take you to a superb internet page on the top abdominal exercise workouts.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels