2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, September 30, 2011

September 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +10.8 pounds
What the heck right?  Well, I can assure you that this number is just a bit of an annoyance - my leg was very swollen on Monday's weigh in and undid all of the hard work that I had accomplished this month, but I've monitored this week very closely and the number will turn around and hopefully in October's wrap up I'll be able to report a much better number.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 114.32 miles
Bike: 67.50 miles
Elliptical: 1.08 miles
Total Miles: 182.90 miles

I have to be happy with these numbers this month, since I had quite a rough time with my left leg after the Disneyland Half Marathon.  I had to take some time off to rest and heal my leg and it's just now getting back to a normal place.  So, while it was no record breaking month I am happy with the numbers and hope to ramp back up as I prepare for the Dopey in January.

Goal Review
I completed the Star Tours 5K and the Disneyland Half Marathon in September.  I am a little disappointed with my performance, I was really hoping for a better finishing time.  I still had such a great time at the races and it served as a learning experience of the things I still need to work on.

I still managed to stay well over the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal!  I wish I could figure out why my mind thinks my body can't handle the miles right now.  I don't hurt after my workouts and that means I really need to be pushing a bit harder as I feel stagnant right now.  I know that speed is elusive for me right now and that's something I definitely need to work on over the next few months.

October 2011
October is a busy month at work, but I have the City of Hope 5K on tap for the 2nd.  It's really not going to be a race, I'll be walking with a friend so it will be a recovery walk more than anything.  If I find another inexpensive local race I may try to pick it up and add another.

Time to start getting outside.  It's still triple digits here in AZ, but the mornings are starting to get cooler so outside running is in the very near future (like tomorrow).  I know how important it's going to be to re-acclimate myself to the outdoor running scene so wish me luck.

I know that the weight loss numbers show a gain for the month, but I know that number is just one of those things that sometimes happens when you have swelling and/or water weight gain and I've been monitoring closely this week to make sure that's all it is.  I hope that next month the numbers better reflect the progress I've made as I know that I've made progress.

October means fall, race season is in full swing and cool weather is on the way (I hope).  I will continue to work on my miles and speed and hopefully see some great progress.  What are your goals for October?

2 comments:

Karen @ working it out... said...

Nice mileage despite not mentally wanting to do it. I wonder if you need to change things up a bit if your mind isn't into it right now. Maybe sub one of your regular workouts for a track workout or speed intervals?

Chris said...

Don't get too dissapointed, you know that you'll have some great months and some not so great months....just pick your head up and keep truckin'!

I think your numbers were still great for the month despite the issues!

Still triple digits? Geez! thats nuts! Our mornings have been in the 30's lately, getting to be great running weather....hopefully that holds true for the marathon on the 15th :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels