2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

runDisney Corrected My Finish Time!

After the Disneyland Half Marathon it became apparent that my B-Tag did not work correctly as it only provided a finish time and I found that the finish time was the same as the clock time.  I was a bit bummed by this as I like my chip time to be correct because it shows what I really did.

The day after the Disneyland Half Marathon I sent the following email to runDisney:
runDisney Team -
I noticed yesterday after the Disneyland Half Marathon that my splits never showed up via text or email. The only one I received was the finish line and it was recorded as the clock time, not my true time.

While I would love to be fast enough to start in Corral A so that my chip time and clock time would be the same, I started in Corral E which didn't start until almost 20 minutes after the clock start time.

This is the second race that I've been in that has used the B Tag attached to the bib rather than the D Tag or a timing chip and this is the second time that I've had problems with the B Tag not recording my time correctly. Typically I wear my bibs on the front of my shirt high on my chest. I did check the B Tag at the expo and it did show my information so I thought I would be good to go.

I am wondering if there's any way to correct my results so they show up correctly. During the race, I had Run Keeper Pro running on my iPhone to keep track of my splits, etc...and while I'm certainly not the fastest person on the course, I would like my results to show up correctly.

I have attached an image with a screen print of Run Keeper that shows my race time, etc...
Here's the information as well:
Distance: 13.41 miles
Duration: 2 hours 55 minutes 14 seconds
Average Pace: 13:04
Average Speed: 4.59 mph

Please let me know if there's something else you need from me in order to correct my results.

Also, is there a recommended location to wear your bib if it has a B tag to ensure that the timing mats actually pick up and record the times correctly?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A little over a week later I received an email saying someone would be in touch and two days ago I received the following response:
Hello Amanda,

I do show a recorded finish time for you, but no start time or splits along the course. Based on the wave start times, I will use your net time listed below.

Look for the updated results to be posted to the website by the end of this week.

I would recommend wearing the number lower on front of your body and do not have any packs obstructing it. If you go to www.brightroom.com and find the Disneyland Half Marathon, you should be able to find photos by putting in your bib number. In photo # 75730-2386-022, you will see a woman beside you that is wearing it as I recommended above.

Thanks and congrats!

I just checked tonight and my results have been corrected on the results website and my chip time now shows 2:55:14.  Just another reason I love runDisney events - they are gracious, helpful and ultimately work with you to correct any problems you might have.

For reference for those of you curious about where a bib with a B-Tag on the back may be worn to ensure better chances for it to be read, please take a look at this picture.
Photobucket Now, I'm really not sure how that three or four inches will make that big of a difference, but I'm willing to try it the next time I have a B-Tag.  In fact, I've been trying to figure out how to move the bib lower, carry less and make it all work.  I'll have to try out a few things to make it all work, no doubt.

Anyway, kudos and thank you to runDisney for helping me get my official chip time changed!

1 comments:

-J.Darling said...

Maybe if you clip it over your belt, so the bib is across your belly more? Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels