2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rest in Peace Sweet Little Howdy

Howdy - he like to bite dog noses
My sweet little Howdy passed away over night and I will miss him terribly.

I adopted Howdy when he was 12 years old.  He was a Quaker Parakeet and their lifespan is typically 20 -25 years and Howdy was 27 so he had a good long life. 

I was working at a pet store and one of my customers just didn't have time to give him the attention he needed any more.  I agreed to take him off her hands and brought him home and made him part of my family.

He had some quirky things that he liked to say and was always chattering and making noise.  One of my favorite things that he said was, "Get out of town!"  He also had an infectious laugh that never failed to make everyone that heard him laugh out loud.

I hope that I provided him with love and care while he was with me.

4 comments:

Richard said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Amanda. I have no doubt that you made his years so much better by bringing him into your family.

-J.Darling said...

Pets are such a wonderful part of our families. For a long time, friends joked that my boxer Clydas was "the most stable man in my life". His little nub wagging in the morning never fails to start off my day the right way - with a smile.

I hope another animal friend comes your way to enrich your life soon. RIP sweet Howdy bird.

Karen @ working it out... said...

oh - so sorry to hear it Amanda ... I am sure he had a very happy home with you :)

Chris said...

Very sorry to hear about little Howdy :-(. It is good to hear he lived a very full life, I'm sure he enjoyed every minute of it.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels