2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekly Review: Aug 8 - 14

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 2.87mi, .36mi warm up walk, 2mi @ 11:53 per mi, .51mi cool down walk
Notes: Got a nice easy run in tonight.  Pushed just a little bit to see where it would leave me and it felt pretty good overall.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.17mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Got a good walk in on the treadmill tonight, it  felt really good.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 6.88mi, .29mi warm up walk, 6mi @ 13:41 per mi, .59mi cool down walk
Notes: I have no idea why my pace is so slow tonight.  I felt like I was giving it everything and that's as fast as I could go - not happy with that.  This really worries me.  I had a not successful run/walk, I pinched a finger on my left hand between two pieces of metal on a chair, burnt a finger on my right hand and lastly took a fall after tripping on a dog toy in the dark and running in to a storage container. It was not a great night at all.

Thursday
REST
Notes: Last night was about as rotten as it could get.  During my fall, I landed pretty hard on my left knee and hand.  My knee was  a bit swollen and I was a bit sore so I decided I should just take the day off. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill incline workout #3 - 2.06mi, 30mins, up to 10% incline, short running segments
Treadmill walk - 3.22mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: I'm a little stiff and sore from falling the other night, but I am feeling better and the workout didn't make it any worse.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 2.60mi, .33mi warm up, 2.27mi @ 13:33 per mi
Bike - 20mi, 1hr 34mins, 12.7mph avg, resistance level 1
Notes: Oh no, there is something weird going on.  I couldn't even do 3 miles on the treadmill today.  I had no energy and my legs felt awful.  I gave it up as a bad idea and hopped on the bike instead.  Even that was tough to get the miles in today.  This is not a feeling I've had this bad all year and with only a couple of weeks to Disneyland it's making me pretty nervous.

Sunday
AM Workout: Arizona Road Racers Summer Race Series #5 - 4.62mi, 1.1mi warm up, 3.18mi @ 13:54 per mi, .34mi cool down walk
Notes: I wish I could say that this was a good race for me, but it wasn't.  Not even close.  It was uphill for the first 1.5 miles and against the wind.  It was about 95 degrees when we started as well.  I was not able to run much at all the first half of the race and only a little bit the second half.  It really sucked, I had no confidence.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -4.8 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 25.42
Bike Miles: 20.00
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 45.42

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 58.63
Bike Miles: 38.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.09
TOTAL MILES: 97.72

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
If last week was rough, this week was horrific.  There were so many setbacks that I'm not even sure where I stand right now.  I had trouble running at all this week.  I had no confidence in anything I did and everything was a chore.

What does that mean?  Well, I'm going to back off the miles a little bit this next couple of weeks.  Not stopping miles all the way and still going to be trying for over 100 total for the month, just keeping the weekday workouts short and easy.  Hopefully that will rest my legs and take me in to Disneyland feeling a little bit more rested and ready to go.  I'm also reassessing my goals for Disneyland...The way things have been going I'm not confident that I can shoot for a PR, so I'll focus on doing what I can and enjoying the race.  I was really hoping to be feeling more confident for this one, but now I'm just not sure.

No problems with the diet this week.  I've stayed within calories pretty much all week and feel really good about my progress.  At least the scale finally showed something good this week and I'll keep working on doing what I can with the weight loss.

So, what do you do when your confidence takes a nose dive a couple weeks out from a race?

2 comments:

-Chris said...

Understand and accept that this happens to us all.on occasion. It happens to me, and I promise others have an off week too. Just chalk it up as part of the journey and review your training logs for the past couple of months. See how you have progressed and realize that growth and ability have gotten stronger. Your log will remind of where your training has brought you as a whole. Not just based on one off week.

Richard said...

To answer the question in your last line: you get some rest! You have a great program going for you, but you still need real rest as a part of it, and I think your body is saying it needs more than you are giving it right now.

Your progress on your weight is remarkable--enjoy that for the great accomplishment it is!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels