2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekly Review: Aug 22 - 28

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 2.43mi, .34mi warm up walk, 1.7mi @ 13:45 per mi, .39mi cool down walk
Notes: I moved my intervals to 3min run/1min walk and I still don't feel like it went well tonight.

Tuesday
REST
Notes: Took an entire day to do nothing at all.  It felt good to be lazy.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.63mi, .32mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 12:52 per mi, .31mi cool down walk
Notes: I did the miles, I pushed as hard as I could and ugh no speed at all.  It felt like the first time I'd ever run 5 miles - weird.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout #4 - 2.01mi, 30mins, up to 10% incline, short run segments
Notes: Got a nice incline workout in tonight.  Felt pretty good. 

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk - 4.75mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Got an excellent walk in tonight, felt a little tired in the legs but really pretty good overall.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - .29mi warm up walk, 8mi @ 13:46 per mi, .29mi cool down walk
Notes: Started out going outside this morning, by .8mi I knew I wasn't staying outside.  It was brutally hot and sunny outside.  I came back in the house, cooled off for a few minutes and finished up strong on the treadmill.  I changed my intervals down to 2min run/1min walk and that felt more comfortable today so I think that's what I will be doing for Disneyland.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 4.1mi @ 14:38 per mi
PM Workout: Bike - 15mi, 1hr 7mins, 13.2mph avg, resistance level 1
Notes: Got in a good walk this morning.  Then got an okay ride in this evening.  Just trying to keep things light and easy now.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -1.40 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 27.50
Bike Miles: 15.00
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 42.50

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 111.36
Bike Miles: 98.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.09
TOTAL MILES: 210.45

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Big sigh.  I wish I could figure out why my speed has decreased so dramatically.  I am going to be focusing on that more when I get back from the Disneyland Half.  I still really like the run/walk intervals and I know it's the right thing for me to do, but that doesn't mean I don't want to improve.

The Disneyland Half is very close now.  I'm quite excited to get out to Disneyland and California Adventure and to run in my third Disneyland Half.  While my confidence has still been shaky this week, I have changed my tactics a bit and decided that I will use this race as a training run.  I have been so stuck on the treadmill this summer that I am not sure how to regulate my pace on my own so I know I'll struggle there, but I'm going to do my best and see how it goes.  I've decided to lower my run/walk intervals to 2/1 and just sort of see how it feels, I can change mid race if I'm feeling super good and want more run time.

The diet has been pretty good this week although I've been craving carbs a lot.  Pasta and rice have been my friends, but in moderation so it should be okay.  I will do my best to be good this week and then I have to say that all bets are off during the trip.  I know I'll be having a Dole Whip for sure :).

August is almost over and September is coming in strong.  September in Arizona means more racing opportunities, but I am going to try to keep the races minimal as I re-focus on improving for the Dopey in January!

1 comments:

Richard said...

This week looks good, especially the rest. I think you are priming yourself for some really big time gains coming up in the next few months.

You are doing awesome, Amanda!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels