2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekly Review: Aug 1 - 7

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 5.19mi, .36mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 13:16 per mi, .84mi cool down walk
Notes: Changed my intervals from 3min run/1min walk to 4min run/1min walk.  Kept the pace light and easy, although I felt like I was going faster than I was.  Decided to switch up the intervals to see how it would feel and it felt okay to put that extra run minute in.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 4mi @ 14:38 per mi
Treadmill incline workout #2 - 30mins, up to 10% incline, included running segments
Notes: This new level of incline workouts is definitely a challenge - good, but tough.  Got a good walk in on the treadmill.  Haven't been feeling great so I may cut tomorrow's miles a little short, just have to see how I feel tomorrow.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.55mi, .29mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 12:25 per mi, .26mi cool down walk
Notes: Got in a great run/walk tonight.  The new interval times are a little tougher, but feel pretty good overall.  I can maintain them without too much trouble.

Thursday
PM Workout: Pilates 20 minute circle workout
Bike - 18mi, 1hr 14mins, 14.5mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Was scheduled for 25 miles on the bike, but just wasn't feeling it so I cut it short tonight.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 8.54mi, .26mi warm up walk, 8.28mi @ 12:55 per mi
Notes: I started out feeling really good today.  Using the 4min run/1min walk intervals and felt really great until I had to stop at 7.5 miles because the treadmill stopped.  I took a gel and water and started back up and felt just awful.  Not sure what happened or why I had to stop, but I just couldn't keep going and I was only shooting for 15 miles.  Makes me nervous for Disneyland for sure if i can't figure out why I lost my energy.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.81mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Got a great walk in today on the treadmill.  Feeling a little off today, but nothing serious.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.07mi @ 14:38 per mi
Elliptical - 1.09mi, 30 mins, up to resistance level 6
Notes: Got a good walk in on the mill and then a light elliptical workout in.  A bit worn out today, but glad I got the miles in.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -1.0 pound

Run/Walk Miles: 33.21
Bike Miles: 18.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.09
TOTAL MILES: 52.30

Pilates: 1 20 minute circle workout 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 33.21
Bike Miles: 18.00
Elliptical Miles: 1.09
TOTAL MILES: 52.30

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
This was a bit of a rough week.  I haven't felt at my best this week, but I still feel like I got a good amount of miles in.  In addition, I think the change in run/walk intervals was a good move.  I just need to get a couple of good long runs in with these intervals to build some confidence for the Disneyland Half.

No problems with the diet this week.  I've been able to stay within calories pretty easily this week and feel really good about my progress here.  I'll keep working on doing this well every week.

Hope everyone had a great week and that you're all out there meeting/beating your goals and moving to where you want to be.

1 comments:

Richard said...

Good solid training week there. You are doing a real good job building your training base for next January.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels