2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, July 15, 2011

What Is Your Wear Pattern?

I now have about 1000 miles on the two pairs of shoes that I am currently rotating (500 miles on each pair), so I 'm definitely due for new shoes.  I normally try to do new shoes every 350 - 400 miles and these have lasted quite a bit past that.

Thankfully, I have two new pairs of shoes to start breaking in for the Disneyland Half Marathon.

But, it got me to thinking and wondering how I was actually wearing out the soles of my shoes.  I can tell you exactly were I strike.  I am a mid-foot striker - the treads at the ball of my feet are completely worn.  The rest of the soles are almost pristine and a lot of the little waffles still have the little nubs that new shoes have.

If you want to learn a little more about wear patterns and what they might mean to you, check out this article from Runner's World.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm not sure, to tell you the truth. It looks pretty even on the two pairs I've been working with, but does show a little heel/forefoot wear. I do over probate, but this might tell me that it's between the two.

500 miles on them and you're not in pain? Those are some darn good shoes! I get to just over 400 and I'm starting to ache in my hips and knees. Just got a new pair of Ravenna's that I'm looking to break in, but still have two pairs of the Asics 2150's that only have 50 or so miles on them. Our house has turned into a shoe factory! Ha!

Rae! said...

I am a heel striker. And my ankles turn in. SO I wear motion control Newtons. Since I have learned hoe to use the newtons my heels don't strike the ground like before and no back pain.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels