2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekly Review: July 4 - 10

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 3.93mi, .32mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 11:40 per mi, .61mi cool down walk
Notes: I was putting off my run today and when I finally did it - wow, it was a great run.  Do you see that time?  11:40 per mi, now that's something I haven't seen in a while.  This felt really good today.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.00mi @ 14:38 per mi
Treadmill incline workout #22 - 30mins, up to 7.5% incline sustained
Notes: Got in some great miles tonight.  Felt pretty good, but I definitely want to keep working on my speed.  I also registered for the 2012 Princess Half Marathon today :).

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 4.76mi, .27mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 11:48 per mi, .49mi cool down walk
Notes: Legs were a little tired tonight, but I'm still quite happy with my pace.  I am feeling like I can push a little more each time.

Thursday
PM Workout: Bike - 25mi, 1hr 33mins, 16.0mph avg, resistance level 3
Notes: It was a tough ride tonight, but I did my miles and in a decent time for me.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.1mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Another good walk in on the treadmill tonight.  Certainly nothing fancy, but 14:38 is starting to feel like my new normal walking pace.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 15.63mi .26mi warm up walk, 15mi @ 12:16 per mi, .37mi cool down walk
Notes: Okay, 15 miles in 3hrs and 4mins - now that's okay.  If I would have stopped at 13.1, I would have been almost exactly at my half marathon PR.  I will say, that I'm a bit tired at the end, but not too bad or too sore.  I finally feel like I'm making some progress.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill walk 2.10mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Got a nice walk in this morning.  The good part was that I have no residual pain from my long run yesterday and I think I could have done another long run today, but that's not on the schedule for a couple of weeks :).

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -3.6 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 35.55
Bike Miles: 25.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 60.55

Pilates: MISSED 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 45.50
Bike Miles: 25.00
Elliptical Miles: 00.00
TOTAL MILES: 70.50

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
It was a great week.  I felt as if I have made some good strides this week in terms of speed - this is something that I will need to continue working on.  I had two short runs under 12 minute miles and I did a long run at close to the same speed of my fastest half marathon - maybe that 2hr 30min half isn't so out of reach as I thought.  I feel stronger than I've felt in a while though and that's really the important part.

The diet is continuing to go well.  I have been doing pretty well in terms of food and am still tracking everything.  I am trying not to focus solely on the number on the scales because I feel better and clothes are fitting better and that's really the part that matters to me at this point.  I know the numbers will come eventually.

Next week will be a bit of a short week in terms of run/walk miles as instead of my weekly long run I have a 5K on Saturday.  That's okay I though, I have plenty of long run time left for the month and I am on track for another great month.

2 comments:

-Chris said...

Nice job, Amanda. Confidence is growing and that's pretty cool, especially as you get closer to your goal races.

Keep it up. Keep it up.

Chris said...

You've done a great job at bringing that speed up and time down, it'll serve you well no doubt. Under 2 months to DL half, right? Sounds like we might see a new PR? :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels