2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekly Review: July 18 - 24

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run\walk - 2.84mi, .27mi warm up walk, 2mi @ 12:14 per mi, .56mi cool down walk
Notes: Started breaking in the first new pair of shoes tonight.  It was a nice run and I can already tell the new shoes are going to be quite nice - no hot spots and nothing hurt tonight.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout #24 - 2.04mi, 30mins, up to 9% incline
Treadmill walk 3.10mi @ 14:38 per mi
Notes: Started breaking second pair of shoes tonight.  It was a good incline workout and a great walk on the treadmill tonight.  I noticed a little rubbing on my left heel, but didn't blister or cause any problems.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.61mi, .27mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 12:31 per mi, .34mi cool down walk
Notes: Got my miles in, but really not sure why I was so slow.  I felt much faster and really felt I was pushing.  Very frustrating.

Thursday
PM Workout: 20 Minute Pilates Circle Workout
Bike - 10mi, 37mins, 16mph avg, resistance level 3
Notes: Yeah, I did a Pilates workout tonight, then had dinner and jumped on the bike for a nice short pedal.  Looking forward to this weekend.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 3.94mi, .32mi warm up walk, 3.12mi @ 12:45 per mi, .5mi cool down walk
Notes: I woke up this morning with an incredibly sore neck.  I couldn't turn my head or tilt it from side to side all day.  Thankfully, it didn't hurt at all to run and I was able to start my weekend challenge.  This was a great 5K tonight.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 13.40mi, 13.13mi @ 13:40 per mi, .27mi cool down walk
Notes: Did the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on the treadmill today.  I was feeling really good up to mile 11 and then I just sort of didn't have anything left.  I did include my warm up in the half mileage because I forgot to hit the lap button on the Garmin.  I felt like I was pushing harder than that, but I still didn't do as well as I would have liked.  I felt good after the run/walk though - no aches or pains at all.

Sunday
AM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 26.50mi @ 14:21 per mi
Notes: Did the Walt Disney World Full Marathon on the treadmill today.  It was a bit rough.  I felt really good up until about mile 15 when I had to do more walking than run/walking.  Still, I managed to get the full distance in which is really what I was after.  The time wasn't terrible, but not as good as I hoped again.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -2.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 55.43
Bike Miles: 10.00
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 65.43

Pilates: 1 20 minute circle workout 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 129.30
Bike Miles: 55.00
Elliptical Miles: 00.00
TOTAL MILES: 184.30

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
In case you didn't notice, I did the Dopey Challenge this weekend.  Yep, 42.4 miles over three days.  Why would anyone choose to do such a dopey thing, you ask?  Well, I am Dopey and it's July and I want to do this multiple times before January and it's a good measurement of where I am and to see if I'm making any progress.

So, how did it shape up?  Have I made any progress?  Let's take a look...

January's 5K Time: 46mins 35secs (14:34 per mi)
July's 5K Time:  39mins 46secs (12:45 per mi) 

Well, that's a marked improvement that I can definitely see and appreciate.  It also didn't cause me any trouble to do this distance in this time - it was a very easy 5K this time and I can tell you that January wasn't quite this easy.

January's Half Marathon Time:  3hrs 13mins (14:44 per mi)
July's Half Marathon Time:  2hrs 59mins (13:40 per mi)

Again, I see a marked improvement.  I didn't run this all out, but I gave it a fair amount of push.  That worries me because I would have thought I would have gained a bit more time using the run/walk method.  Overall, I was pleased though because there were no aches and pains after this run/walk.  January saw me feeling a bit beat up after the half and the knees were definitely feeling it, but this time all was well.

January's Full Marathon Time:  6hrs 42mins (15:21 per mi)
July's Full Marathon Time:  6hrs 20mins (14:21 per mi)

I guess I cannot complain with shaving 22mins off my full marathon time.  It was terribly difficult in January and honestly, it was terribly difficult today.  I only managed to run/walk the first half of the distance and then ended up doing a combination of walking (a lot) and some run/walk intervals.  I still had a enough energy to put in some good running sections during the last 5K so I am quite pleased with that.  I can also admit that by mile 16 I was wondering if I should just stop, but I pushed through and kept going. 

So, there you have it.  I improved all three distance times and I know I'll be doing this a few more times in the coming months as I continue to try to improve my times and get faster.

The diet is still going well.  I cringe at times wondering when the scale will show what I hope to see, and then I have to remember that I have now lost 20 pounds and that's a great thing.  I'm a bit worried about tomorrow's weigh in as I tend to hold some water after these long runs, but I will take whatever it shows and continue on.

So, we're almost at the end of July - how's your month going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice time improvement!

Karen @ working it out...

Chris said...

Dude...can I call you dude? ;-) HOLY GUACAMOLE! This is outstanding progress, Amanda! You tell me how I've gotten faster, but yeesh, you're doing a bang up job of it yourself (not to mention running away with another KOTH month as I peaked mid-month and only in the 120's to today). I'll shoot you an e-mail too as I don't want you to miss my congrats on an outstanding job done this year, it's unbelieveable the difference for you from last year to this year! :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels