2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: -5.0 pounds
Frustrating - to me that number is frustrating.  I know it's down and I am happy about that, but it just seems like it should be coming off faster than this.  There have been a lot of ups and downs in terms of weigh this year and this is the third month in a row that I'm down so I am pleased with that.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 153.27 miles
Bike: 80.00 miles
Elliptical: 1.15 miles
Total Miles: 234.42 miles

This is the third month in a row that I've hit a new run/walk milestone. This month is almost 16 miles further than my next highest month.  I am super proud of this number, if you would have asked me at the beginning of the year if I would ever run/walk 150 miles in one month, I would have laughed and said, no way.  I'm re-learning that I'm capable of whatever I set my mind to and my body is up to the challenge as well.

Goal Review
I completed one event in July -  a 5K.  I am glad I did the event, but I can't say that I did as well as I would have liked.  I finished with a pace of 12:22 per mi and I suffered through the whole race.  Not sure what is causing me to have such issues at races.  I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself to go faster than I'm really capable of - I'm working on this.

My run/walk miles were my highest yet, which means I killed the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal!  I feel like I have such an amazing base right now.  I am just completely amazed that I can do a dress rehearsal of the Dopey, shave time off all three distances compared to January and not have pain afterwards.  I still need to work on improving my pace even more - that's a big one for me.

August 2011
I will be doing another 5K in a new location and I think it may have some hills which are still my weak spots.  It will also be very hot, even at 6:30am.  I will push, but not too hard as I don't want to end up injured before the Disneyland Half.

I am very concerned about getting some outside miles in August.  I have been relegated to the treadmill for the entire month of July and I'm afraid that's going to hurt my effort at the Disneyland Half.  I'm sure all you runners are aware of the differences between running on a treadmill and running outside.

I will continue to track food, keep a rein on the food as much as I can, and hopefully some more weight will come off.  Right now, I am 26.8 pounds less than I was before last year's Disneyland Half Marathon - I am sincerely hoping that will help me to do better in terms of finishing time.

Let's be safe in the heat, keep the miles up and push towards all of our goals!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know...I know...only 5 lbs, but you're doing great and not looking back, so who cares, right? :-).

Outstanding mileage for a month where you were going to take it easy! LOL. Hey, as long as you feel good, and your not in pain, it's all good!

Rae! said...

Love the mileage!! Hail to the mileage queen. So you hold the KOTH now for 2 months??
26.8 pounds loss this year!!!! Awesome!!
I find that when I do alot of dreamill, I tend to be a touch faster outside.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels