2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekly Review - May 30 - June 5

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
AM Workout: Walk -2.42mi @ 16:17 per mi
Elliptical - 1mi, 27mins, resistance 1, ramp 10%
Notes: A little too warm for the pups outside this morning so I ended up cutting the walk short.  Did a quick workout on the elliptical as well.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk - 3.42mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: Had a very long day at work today, but still got a good walk in on the treadmill.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 4.68mi, .31mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 13:20 per mi, .37mi cool down walk
Notes: Moved to 3min run, 1min walk intervals today.  I certainly felt like I was going faster than it showed on the Garmin today.

Thursday
PM Workout: Elliptical - 2.10mi, 57mins, level 1, ramp 10%
Notes: Have a huge swollen bruise on my left shin - not sure how I got it but it was sore all day.  Still got a great elliptical workout in.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 3.01mi @ 15:00 per mi 
Treadmill Incline Workout # 17 - 1.99mi, 30mins, up to 8% incline
Notes: Got a good walk and a good incline workout in today...been very hungry all day.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 10.77mi, .31mi warm up walk, 10mi @ 12:50 per mi, .46mi cool down walk
Notes: My first long run/walk with 3min run/1min walk intervals.  I was able to hold this for 7 miles before I just did what I felt like - some running, some walking based on feeling.  I was pretty tired at the end, but I didn't use anything but water for fuel so that has a lot to do with that.  I felt like I was really slow, but last week's 10mi run/walk was slower so running the additional minute actually helped quite a bit.

Sunday
AM Workout: Walk - 2.18mi @ 15:39 per mi
Bike - 10mi, 41mins, 14.6mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Took the dogs out for a very nice walk this morning.  Came back and got a good sweaty bike ride in.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -0.2 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 28.47
Bike Miles: 10.0
Elliptical Miles: 3.10
TOTAL MILES: 41.57

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 22.63
Bike Miles: 10.10
Elliptical Miles: 2.10
TOTAL MILES: 34.73

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Another Bronze medal for me :)!  This week was pretty uneventful in terms of miles, but it marked another milestone where I upped my run intervals by a minute and left the walk intervals the same.  I will stick with this plan for a little bit and continue working on endurance and speed with these intervals.

Diet has gone pretty well this week.  Saturday left me very hungry after the 10 miler and I did eat a bit more than I should have, but that's the way it goes and I've moved past that and am right back on track.
It's still hard to believe it's June...The year is flying by and I am still maintaining my motivation and hope that it continues as it has been really good for me so far.

3 comments:

Richard said...

This is one of those good, solid weeks that make up the backbone of a great training program. Your fitness is in a good place with regard to where you need to be in terms of race preparation. Your race is going to be the cherry on top of a great January weekend!

Rae! said...

Sweet week!! Still lost weight! Adding another 30 seconds to my run interval!

Chris said...

I see you're putting in a little more running, was going to ask you how that was going. :-) With all the mileage you have been putting in, don't be afraid to do even more running, you're body should be able to handle it, but you know what the right level is.

June, I know, the year is getting away from us fast! We'll be talking January ADR's pretty soon...scary, ain't it?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels