2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekly Review: Jun 6 - 12

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill Incline Workout #18 - 1.98mi, 30 mins, up to 10% incline
Notes: The incline workout was all I could handle tonight.  Feeling a bit tired and needed to take a break from other miles.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk - 4.25mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: I actually wanted to go longer tonight, but it was a good walk and still a fair amount of miles so I'm not to worried.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.81mi, .30mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 12:08 per mi, .51mi cool down walk
Notes: Had a fabulous run/walk on the treadmill tonight.  I pushed faster than I have in a while and for longer than I have been.  It felt really good.  Very happy with tonight's results.

Thursday
PM Workout: Pilates 20 Minute Circle Workout
Bike - 30mi, 2hrs 7mins, 14mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Well, what can I say about this one?  I mean really - I did 30 miles on the bike tonight...not too shabby as far as I'm concerned.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 6.20mi @ 15:00 per mi 
Notes: A nice 10K walk on the treadmill tonight.  This will be interesting since I have a nice long run scheduled for tomorrow.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 18.67mi, .30mi warm up walk, 18mi @ 12:29 per mi, .37mi cool down walk
Notes: I am super thrilled with this run/walk.  I managed to do the full 18 miles with a run/walk interval of 3:1.  Not only did I do the intervals the entire time, I really worked hard to keep my speed up on the run portions.  This resulted in 18 miles in the fastest time I've ever done it.  Now, I was pretty darn tired by the time I was done - not sure I could have held that up for a full marathon, but still a super good chunk of progress!

Sunday
AM Workout: ARR Summer Race Series #2 - 4.3mi, .92mi warm up walk, 3.11mi @ 12:06 per mi, .27mi cool down walk
Notes: Today was a nice 5K race.  It was about 78 degrees when we started at 6:30am.  I'm pleased to say that I was not really sore after the long run yesterday (even after pushing).  The race was dusty and tough mentally, but I'm still pleased with my time.  I'll post a race report later.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -1.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 41.21
Bike Miles: 30.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 71.21

Pilates: 1 20 minute circle workout 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 63.84
Bike Miles: 40.00
Elliptical Miles: 2.10
TOTAL MILES: 105.94

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
It was definitely a gold medal week for me...I mean really I did over 40 run/walk miles and 30 on the bike, plus a Pilates session.  So why did I do all this?

Well, this week was about pushing myself.  Adding miles, working on speed, getting uncomfortable.  Let me tell you I so succeeded in these goals.  I am just super happy with the progress this week and really want to keep the momentum going and the improvements coming. 

The diet is going very well.  I'm learning that I can actually eat a lot more than I used to on those days when I'm pushing super had.  It's still a touchy balance, but I'm learning and the scale hasn't been too terrible to me and I am starting to feel slight differences in my clothes.  I really want to keep on track with this and make sure that I continue the way I've been going.

The heat is on, but I know I need to try to get some outside time on my feet.  I have already been living on the treadmill and it's great and it's helped me tons, but I need some hard unforgiving pavement to put my in my place :)!

Hope your June is going well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels