2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekly Review: Jun 20 - 26

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 4.56mi, .27mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 12:17 per mi, .29mi cool down walk
Notes: My legs are a bit tired and sore today, but I still got a good run/walk in.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout #20 - 1.99mi, 30mins, up to 10% incline
Treadmill walk 3.45mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: Really tired tonight, but I got a great workout in even though I didn't get as much mileage in as I wanted.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.65mi, .28mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 12:35 per mi, .37mi cool down walk
Notes: I think my legs are asking for a break, but I got a good run/walk in tonight.  I took it easy, but still am pleased with my pace.

Thursday
PM Workout: Bike - 25mi, 1hr 35mins, 15.6mph avg, resistance level 3
Notes: Think I might be over training a bit.  It's been really tough this week, but if I can get through this week I'll take the next couple of weeks easier.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.10mi @ 15:00 per mi 
Notes: I'm physically tired tonight.  I'm not sure about the long run tomorrow, but we'll see.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 11.40mi, .35mi warm up walk, 10.37mi @ 13:34 per mi, .68mi cool down walk
Notes: I set out for a 20 miler today, but that just didn't happen.  By mile seven I was just hurting everywhere and tired and knew I wouldn't make it through 20 miles.  I did what I could and than called it good for the day.

Sunday
AM Workout: 20 minute Pilates - total body with resistance band
Treadmill walk 3.02mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: Got a good Pilates workout and a nice walk in.  Feeling okay overall, but I have a sore right foot.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -3.2 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 34.17
Bike Miles: 25.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 59.17

Pilates: 1 20 minute total body with resistance band workout 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 126.30
Bike Miles: 80.00
Elliptical Miles: 2.10
TOTAL MILES: 208.40

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
I'm happy with the numbers this week considering that I am feeling a bit over trained.  The next couple of weeks are going to be light and easy and hopefully restful.  It's been a good year so far and I will not be losing my momentum now.

On an interesting note, I have now surpassed my run/walk miles from last year...I feel really good about that.  I feel like I've been making significant progress this year and the second half of the year is going to be just as good!

The diet is still going well.  I have some off days now and again, but I've been able to stay mostly on plan and I'm really starting to feel the difference in my clothes.  I still have a long way to go, but at least I'm making progress.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, you're like 15 run miles ahead of me for the month! I think I've got a few more bike miles, but dang, we're impressive this month ehh!

I had a gold Goofy week last week, pretty darn proud of that, but I'm feeling like you a bit..overtrained.

Keep up on the diet, you're doing great! Also, it probably won't hurt you to scale it back a bit on the running, maybe up the bike miles instead? You're mental fitness will thank you for sure. Then you can crank up the machine again in the fall. I've got Hartford full marathon in October, so I'm on the outside of starting up the marathon plan. Dang, it's getting hot and humid though...I know, I know...not triple digits...

STAY COOL!!

Rae! said...

Slow down!! Gonna have to give the body a break. You have made amazing strides this year.

Richard said...

Good mix of cross training and some rest. Keep up the good work and watch out for early warning signs of injury, don't be afraid to push when it is all good or to rest when you feel it.
I can see how far you are coming just by seeing the numbers you are posting, I look forward to seeing the end results in person in January!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels