2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekly Review: Jun 13 - 19

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 3.10mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: My left quad is pretty darn sore today, but considering that's my only problem after last week's high miles I'll take it.  Still got a nice easy walk in on the treadmill tonight.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Bike - 15mi, 57mins, 15.7 mph avg, resistance level 3
Notes: My left quad is still a bit sore today so I decided to take it easy and did the bike tonight.  Had a nice pedal tonight.

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 5.05mi, .52mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 12:03 per mi, .54mi cool down walk
Notes: Left quad feeling much better today.  Still a little sore, but much, much better.  Had an awesome run/walk on the treadmill tonight and really pushed the speed a bit again.

Thursday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout #19 - 1.99mi, 30mins, up to 7% incline
Treadmill walk 3.10mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: Just feeling worn out today.  Still got a good incline workout and walk in tonight.  No more pain in the left leg tonight - yeah!

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.25mi @ 15:00 per mi 
Notes: Had the day off work, but had a ton of errands to run today.  Got a good walk in on the treadmill.  Today was a rough day with food - I was starving all day and ended up eating more today than I should have.

Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 10.80mi, .31mi warm up walk, 10mi @ 12:14 per mi, .49mi cool down walk
Notes: I cannot be mad at this run/walk.  10mi at 12:14 per mi...the last 10mi I did was 12:50 per mi...I am steadily seeing an improvement in my speed and the length of of time that I can continue the run/walk intervals - I didn't have to stop doing the intervals once today.  I also did the last half a bit faster than the first half.  I like seeing these marked improvements.

Sunday
AM Workout: 20 minute Pilates - buns and thighs
Notes: Today is all about no miles.  I've been hitting the miles pretty hard lately and decided that I should give my legs a day off of pounding/pedalling.  I did get a 20 minute buns and thighs Pilates workout in and I am feeling it.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -2.4 pounds

Run/Walk Miles: 28.29
Bike Miles: 15.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 43.29

Pilates: 1 20 minute buns and thighs workout 
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 92.13
Bike Miles: 55.00
Elliptical Miles: 2.10
TOTAL MILES: 149.23

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
Another good week.  I had to nurse a sore left quad after last week's push, but it eased up and felt perfectly fine by mid week so I can't complain about that too much.
My theme continues to be pushing to new limits.  I hope to continue pushing and pushing so that I can keep improving my speed and reach my goal of a 2hr 30min half marathon and ultimately improve my Dopey speeds in January. 

I had a couple of rough days with the diet this week.  While I didn't completely blow it, I did have a couple of days where I overate in terms of calories.  I'm back on track though and I'll keep doing as much as I can to keep the weight coming off.

Since I started tracking on May 19th, I am down 12.4 pounds and that feels amazing.  I am starting to feel the difference in my clothes - in a good way for a change.  I want to keep working on this for sure and doing what I can.

It is definitely summer here in AZ..We're in the triple digits by 9am and that means I'm going to be on the treadmill a lot the next couple of months...not that I haven't been already, but now the choice is pretty much out of my hands. 

5 comments:

Richard said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! Isn't it amazing how great that large a difference feels?
It won't be long before you are able to smell that 2:30 half marathon!

Karen said...

Nice job on the weight loss! Impressive :)

J. Wazowski said...

Your turning into a regular Bionic Woman. Congrats on all your achievments this year. Your doing fantastic!

Rae! said...

YAY!!! nice job on the weight loss. Nice job on the miles and pushing through.

Chris said...

Look at that split time coming down! Nearly a minute, that's outstanding!

I tell a, one of the reasons I've been so consistent with my monthly miles is because you haven't let up. You're a great motivator and I'll bet you didn't even know it. :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels