2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1st - National Running Day

June 1st is National Running Day.  What did you do to celebrate?

Today, I got a great 4 mile run in on the treadmill.  I upped my run intervals from 2 minutes to 3 minutes and kept the walk breaks at 1 minute.  I felt great when I was all done - tired, but accomplished.

How do you finish this statement:  I Run...

Here's just a few of the many ways that I finish that statement:
-I run because I never thought I could. 
-I run because it centers me. 
-I run because it challenges me. 
-I run because I can always strive to do better. 
-I run because I have met so many wonderful people and have made great friends. 
-I run because it still amazes me that I can go the distance.
-I run because I can do it and support good causes.
-I run because it gives me even more excuses to go to Disney.

Seriously, I could come up with hundreds of other reasons.  It's really become a part of my life, this year even more than before.  It really is something that I can be proud of.

Leave me a comment and let me know how you celebrated National Running Day and why you love/hate running.

1 comments:

Rae! said...

I was at work. I have a huge bruise on my left knee so I have not done much last few days. I don't know how I got it, but it was swollen and hurt like ....

I run because I can...

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels