2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekly Review: May 9 - 15

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap
Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 5.05mi, .29mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 12:54 per mi, .76mi cool down walk
Notes: Got in a good run/walk tonight, felt good overall.  

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk - 4.35mi @ 15:00 per mi
Treadmill incline workout #14 - 1.74mi, 30mins, up to 9% incline
Notes: Good workouts tonight.  Got in a nice walk and a great incline workout. 

Wednesday
PM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 4.64mi, .3mi warm up walk, 3.18mi @ 13:06 per mi, 1.15mi cool down walk
Notes: Feeling a bit tired today and it was tough to get any miles in.  Just sort of did what I felt instead of using true intervals. 

Thursday
PM Workout: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 26mins, 14mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Got a great workout in on the bike tonight, but man my rump was sore at the end of this.

Friday
PM Workout:  Treadmill walk 4.38mi @ 15:00 per mi 
Notes: Got another good walk in tonight and am anticipating the long run/walk tomorrow.


Saturday
AM Workout:  Treadmill run/walk - 20.57mi, .26mi warm up walk, 20mi @ 14:08 per mi, .31mi cool down walk
Notes: Did 7mi run/walk, had a gel, walked 7mi, had another gel, then did whatever felt good the last 6mi.  While it wasn't easy, I was actually feeling pretty good at the end of it.  I am pretty happy with my time per mi.  I also tried Hammer Heed Mandarin Orange today instead of the Accelerade and I have to say that I really liked it - the flavor is more muted and it is not quite as chunky as the Accelerade and it didn't cause me any tummy troubles.

Sunday
PM Workout: Walk 1.93mi @ 17:25 per mi
Notes: Took the dogs out for a nice slow, short recovery walk today.  I am so amazed - I have virtually no pain from yesterday's 20 miler.  Sure I don't want to do another 20 miles today, but I'm quite happy that there are no specific trouble spots today!

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +1.6 pounds

Run/Walk Miles:42.66
Bike Miles: 20
Elliptical Miles: 0
TOTAL MILES: 62.66

Pilates: MISSED
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers
Run/Walk Miles: 63.39
Bike Miles: 35.0
Elliptical Miles: 0.0
TOTAL MILES: 98.39

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results
Photobucket
This week was pretty incredible in terms of training.  It's so affirming when you find that you can do what want to do.  While the week wasn't perfect as I didn't get Pilates or strength training in, I put in a lot of miles on my feet this week and since that's my main purpose this year I'm quite happy about the way the week went overall.

My 20 miles on Saturday was good.  I would have liked to get outside, but it was a little warm to be out there that long, so I hopped on the treadmill...I was able to use a combination of run/walk, walk and then whatever felt good and maintained a 14:08 per mile pace...Keep in mind that my full marathon pace was 15:21 per mile.  I'm happy that I'm making progress and really want to keep improving  my speed and endurance.

I am finally starting to wrap my head around my diet as well.  I started tracking my food again this week and hopefully I can stay on track.  I downloaded a new iPhone app - My Fitness Pal.  This app tracks food, exercise, etc..but the thing I like better then Lose It is that I can put my food in ahead of time instead of just for the previous or current days.  It's got a pretty good database as well and I haven't had to add any new food yet, which seems pretty good.  You also have the ability to use the application on the web as it remains synced there and on the iPhone.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Great miles! I'm right in the same vicinity for the month (yeah, I had that blog post drafted from the previous month..I'm not over a 100 yet for May :-)). I haven't been able to get the long running in this month yet, but glad to see someone is picking up the slack!

Rae! said...

WOW!!!! I am so impressed!!! Inspired!! I am sooo behind!!
I am gonna check out the app. Keep up the awesome work. WOW!!!
My Mom heard me yell WOW and thought something was wrong, she read you blog and she is impressed. She remembers how we all struggled last year.
High Five!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels