2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: -4.6 pounds
Well, there's something at least.  I started tracking food again and really paying attention to what I'm eating.  I ended the month with weight loss instead of gain - that I am happy about.  I still have a lot of work to do in this area figuring out what calorie balance I need with the workouts, etc...but I feel like I'm back on the right track.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 135.15 miles
Bike: 61.10 miles
Elliptical: 1.0 miles
Total Miles: 197.25 miles

I have hit another milestone.  My highest mileage month ever.  I feel really good about my numbers here this month - there were some rough days, but I fought through them and put in the work.  Not much else I can say about this kind of mileage except "YEAH"! 

Goal Review
I completed one event in May -  a 5K.  It was not my best time, but it was still a great race.  So far, I have stuck to my one event per month goal and I don't plan on stopping now :)!

My run/walk miles  were 135.15 miles which means I killed the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal!  This is so amazing to me since in May 2010 I only completed 37.34 run/walk miles.  I'd say I've come quite a long way so far this year and there's still more to come!
June 2011
June and it's already hot here in AZ.  I will be doing another 5K in a new location so that's exciting.  I don't have any other organized races for the month, but it will fit in to my one event a month goal :)!  Super hard to find events here in the summer months so I have to take what I can get.

I really want to keep my miles going this month and I hope to get some more outside run/walks in as I have been on the treadmill a lot.  In addition, I want to start working a bit more on speed again.  I feel like I have so much that I want to accomplish and it's difficult to get it all in, but I really want that 2:30 half marathon and I know I'll have to take an easy run and make it a run where I focus on some Fartlek's and other speed endeavors.

In terms of diet, I have some work to do here too.  At this point, I will continue tracking my food, watching what I eat and figuring out the best fueling for my workouts.  This has been a stumbling block this last year and a half and I'd like to end the downward spiral.

The summer is here and I still have so much work to do to get where I want to be!

2 comments:

Nourish said...

Congrats on the mileage this month. Since its the start of the month, it's also National Running Day today, and I'm full swing in half marathong training I need to set a mileage goal. But what? LOL

Richard said...

Great month! It is hard pursuing multiple goals at once and I know how you feel. I spent a few years chasing the sub 2:30 half marathon--I probably have almost ten finishes between 2:30-2:40 for the half marathon--but I did do it and I know you can, too, when the time is right.
Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels