2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +1.6 pounds
I know that I continue to struggle here.  I have good days and bad days, but the bad days are outweighing the good days lately.  I know this is something that I need to work on.  I am struggling with portions more than anything - I just want to eat even when I don't need to.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 94.6 miles
Bike: 38.30 miles
Elliptical: 0.0 miles
Total Miles: 132.90 miles

Am I pleased with my numbers this month?  Yes and no.  Yes, because I did still fall in to the 80 -100 mile range.  No, because I didn't hit the 100 mile mark I wanted to hit.  With illness and travel this month it was rough for me to do what I wanted to do.  The good thing is - I don't think that my motivation was as challenged as I thought it would be.  I also know that I need to do better on things besides run/walk. 

Goal Review
I completed one event in April - Pat's Run 4.2mi race.  I wasn't sure whether I would be able to run/walk or walk due to my friend having a back injury.  Since she wasn't able to even walk the course I was left to my own devices.  I decided to run/walk the course and was very pleased to end with a 12:50 per mi pace.  In no way my fastest time, but better than I expected considering I wasn't sure if I'd be walking or running.

My run/walk miles  were 94.60 which means I met the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal too!  Very disappointed in myself that I didn't make it to 100 miles - it was so close, but I just didn't have the time to get in what I needed to.

On a super positive note - I managed to end the month with a half marathon on the treadmill.  I had to push myself.  I felt a need to see what I could do.  I am pleased to say that I was able to do it in 2hrs 47mins.  My half marathon PR is 2hrs 40mins - seven minutes off that time made me really proud yesterday.  The very first half marathon I ran I did in 2hrs 46mins - one minute over that time yesterday again made me very happy indeed.  I think if I keep working on this run/walk routine and putting in the miles I will at some point be able to hit the elusive 2hr 30min have that I have been gunning for since I started this journey.  I can't wait to do it!

May 2011
May sees me doing a 5K (okay, it's the first and I've already done it).  I don't have any other organized races for the month, but it will fit in to my one event a month goal :)!

I really want to keep my motivation going and my miles high.  Time to do some more back to back long runs.  Want to work on my diet more - not doing very well in this part of the journey right now.  I would also really like to go better on the cross training and other workout section.

April is over, the summer is coming and there's still plenty of work to be done!

1 comments:

Richard said...

As someone who spent a couple years chasing 2:30 (and I had several finishes in the 2:30's before I hit 2:26 last spring), I can tell you that your program will get you there. That was an outstanding job to do a half marathon distance on the treadmill--not many people have the mental will to run that long on the treadmill. Good luck going into May!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels