2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekly Review: Mar 7 - 13

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap

Monday
REST

Notes: Was having some pain in my right knee - just muscle soreness, but it hurt to even walk so I took the day to rest and ice and make it better for tomorrow!

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill walk 4.44mi @ 15:47 per mi

Notes: Only a little twinge left in the right knee. Felt pretty good to get a nice walk in on the treadmill tonight and I didn't even realize how far I had gone as I was reading a good book.

Wednesday
PM Workout: Bike - Treadmill run/mostly walk - .29mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:30 per mi, .2mi cool down walk
Notes: My brain was ready to run hard today, but my legs were not. Funny that the pain from the half was lingering on today. My shins were feeling the pounding as I'd try to run so I mostly walked. Still got a good workout in.


Thursday
PM Workout: 20 minute Pilates Circle Workout

Elliptical - 2.07mi, 56mins, ramp 40, 30, 25, 20, 15, 40, 10 (500 revolutions each)
Bike - 15mi, 1hr 2mins, 14.4 mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Having a bit of an upset stomach today, but it didn't stop me from getting a lot of time in on the machines today and some nice Pilates to stretch out the muscles. I was happy to be done and my legs felt like jelly - that's so cool.

Friday
PM Workout: Treadmill incline workout #8 - 1.83mi, random inclines up to 6% incline

Treadmill walk 4.07mi @ 15:47 per mi
Notes: Wow, I'm feeling the Pilates in my abs today, my legs are feeling everything and I love it. It just shows that I was putting in my effort and not just my time!

Saturday
AM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 8.86mi, .33mi warm up walk, 8mi @ 12:51 per mi, .52mi cool down walk

Notes: I could not be happier or prouder of this long run/walk today. I did the 1min run/1min walk intervals again today and I did it for the full 8 miles. I really pushed the speed today and pushed myself to not just walk. I was tired at the end, but I was also feeling really good so I like that a lot!

Sunday
AM Workout: Walk 3.57mi @ 17:28 per mi
Notes: Took the dogs out for a nice slow walk today. I'm not even a bit sore this morning after pushing on the 8miles yesterday - I love that. It's already getting too hot to take the dogs out when the sun is up - going to have to start getting up earlier if I intend to take them out.

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +.6 pounds


Run/Walk Miles: 28.25
Bike Miles: 15
Elliptical Miles: 2.07
TOTAL MILES: 45.32


Pilates: 1 20 minute Circle Workout
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers:
Run/Walk Miles: 52.88
Bike Miles: 35.00
Elliptical Miles: 2.07
TOTAL MILES: 89.95


Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results:
Photobucket
Another Bronze Goofy Medal for me please. A couple of days with some soreness after the half marathon, but I still maintained a good amount of miles this week and I ended feeling good and strong. I am pleased that I'm starting to push the speed a bit more. I know I need to get outside a bit more often and spend less time on the treadmill, but time can be an issue here and the treadmill is convenient when time is short.

I did a bit better job with food this week. Not perfect, but better.

I'm kind of thinking I'd like to find another half marathon in May, but it's already starting to get hot and I'm not sure I'll be able to find something. If not, I need to find some event - or it might be time for a nice virtual event :)!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Good call to take it easy before the knee was ready. It looks like a good week overall for you. Good luck finding a May event (or putting on a virtual event!).

Bethany + Ryan said...

nice job! May IS the month for half marathons up here in the northeast!

So did I tell you that Ryan and I are going to Disneyland? It will be out first time! We are staying for 3 nights while on our honeymoon. Got any advice or must-dos for us? If not, no biggie lol.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels