2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Review: Mar 14 - 20

Goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Incline Workout on the Treadmill per week

Here's this week's recap

Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 5.15mi, .31mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 13:38 per mi, .85mi cool down walk

Notes: Legs were a little tired today. Instead of sticking to a strict run/walk interval I just sort of ran and walked as I felt like it tonight. Sometimes that just feels right.

Tuesday
PM Workout: Treadmill Incline Workout #9 - 1.82mi up to 10% incline

Treadmill walk 3.10mi @ 15:00 per mi
Notes: I am having a weird twinge in my right ankle that was really hurting today, but it worked out during my workout so it is all better now. Registered for the 2012 Dopey today!

Wednesday
REST
Notes: Feeling a bit stiff and sore today and decided that I should just take the day off an let myself rest.


Thursday
PM Workout: 20 minute Pilates Resistance Band Workout

Bike - 10mi, 34mins, 17.3mph avg, resistance level 4
Notes: A simple Pilates workout and then a quick pedal on the bike and I was feeling tired and good.

Friday
REST

Notes: I had planned a 10mi run/walk today, but by the time I got home I had no energy and no motivation so I gave up and didn't do anything.

Saturday
AM Workout: Treadmill run/walk - 13.94mi, .3mi warm up walk, 13.24mi @ 13:13 per mi, .4mi cool down walk

Notes: Used 1min run/1min walk intervals for the entire half marathon. Finished in 2hrs 55mins. This is a good improvement and I felt really good about this. The best part was that my legs were not even the littlest bit sore when I was done which hasn't happened in a long time.

Sunday
AM Workout: Walk 2.27mi @ 15:38 per mi
Treadmill run/walk - 13.79mi, .26mi warm up walk, 13.28mi @ 13:24 per mi, .25mi cool down walk
Notes: Took the dogs out for a beautiful walk this morning, it was such nice weather and they were being good (for the most part). Came home and got ready to do my second half marathon for the weekend. Yep, a mini Goofy of sorts. I used the 1min run/1min walk intervals for the whole thing again. I wasn't really sore or tired until about 12 miles in. I finished in 2hrs 58mins so just a little slower than yesterday, but still very happy with the time. A little more sore after today's run, but still not horrible and the feet and knees feel great!

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: -2.6 pounds


Run/Walk Miles:40.07
Bike Miles: 10

Elliptical Miles: 0
TOTAL MILES: 50.07


Pilates: 1 20 minute Resistance Band Workout
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 30 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers:
Run/Walk Miles: 92.95
Bike Miles: 45.00
Elliptical Miles: 2.07
TOTAL MILES: 140.02


Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results:
Photobucket
It's a gold medal week for me! I thought this was appropriate since I have signed up for the Dopey Challenge for 2012. I was going to do a 10mi followed by a 17mi, but instead ended up doing back to back half marathons instead. I am glad to find that I can do the distance with the run/walk method both days and have minimal soreness. This is a great start to my continuing Dopey training and I need to keep it going through the whole year :)!

Food was okay, but not great this week...I still have to do work on this area of my life, but I just can't seem to make it a priority.

5 comments:

Richard said...

I think I can safely say that food is often the hardest part of the overall program to bring into line--and to keep it that way! Congrats on the gold medal week!

MikeF. said...

Amanda you are doing awesome! You are an inspiration to me to get my hip healed and get back out there and show you all what Mike-Speed is all about! HAHAHAHAHA!

Chris said...

Kickin' my butt on the mileage front! I'm only at 82 running (did get a 13.1 yesterday though). Seems like your mental state is good, but be careful of the burnout, it's a long year. :-)

Nourish said...

I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the Goofy's Challenge Training program you are using? I'm thinking about doing in 2012!

Karen said...

Congrats on signing up again for the Dopey. I am not sure if I will do the Goofy again this year, might scale back to "just" the marathon. ha ha...

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels