2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011 Wrap Up

Weight Watch: +0 pounds
Not quite what I planned, but considering how bad I've been I can't complain. Still trying to figure out what I want to do about my weight. It might be time for a new plan.

Mileage Watch:
Run/Walk: 128.03 miles Bike: 65.00 miles
Elliptical: 2.07 miles
Total Miles: 195.10 miles

I am very happy with this monthly numbers. I believe this is the highest run/walk mileage I've ever had for a month. I really am feeling like the miles are benefiting me and making me stronger and fitter (even if I can't move the scale in the right direction). I am also feeling like I'm being pretty consistent and maintaining a great mileage base so when I up the miles every couple of weeks it doesn't stop me dead to recover.

Goal Review
I completed one event in March - the Run for Ryan House Half Marathon...which keeps me on track for at least one organized event per month! This race battered me last year and while it was still a very difficult race for me this year I did get back under the 3 hour mark and was still able walk after I was done...which was most definitely not the case last year.

I kept my run/walk miles over 100 which means I met the 80-100 run/walk miles per month goal too!

One of my other goals for the year was to get back to doing more running and/or run/walking and I've been doing this quite successfully. I have upped my run interval from one minute to two minutes and it has been feeling really good.

April 2011
April brings another shot at Pat's Run - this is a 4.2 mile race that ends on the 42 yard line in Arizona State University's Sun Devil Stadium. This will be my third year doing this race and I don't know if I'll be running or walking - it will depend on whether my friend decides to do the race too. If she joins me we'll be walking the course, if I'm on my own I'll be run/walking the race...We'll see how it goes.

I am going to continue trying to maintain my mileage and motivation. This will be tough month in terms of work as there are some things going on that will make things difficult, but I'll be doing my best to work around the distractions and keep doing my best.

Time to let March go - ride the successes and forgive the failures.

1 comments:

Richard said...

It may not have been a perfect month, but it was a good month. Keep your head up and do your best to train around work next month--at least you know up front that it might be difficult.

You are showing all the signs of being totally prepared for your next Dopey adventure. You are certainly going to blow away your times from last January!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels