2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gimme 5 - 5K! Team Voice Virtual Event

I have not spent enough time on this blog talking about the fabulous running club that I am a part of. We are Team Voice! Our team members are located all around the world. The group is focused on helping each other, providing support when needed, celebrating victories, getting people started and now we are officially supporting the Make-A-Wish Foundation by raising money to send a seriously ill child to Walt Disney World!

Saturday, February 5, 2011 Team Voice is hosting our first virtual event of 2011! The "Gimme 5" 5K Challenge!


What is the "Gimme 5" 5K Challenge you ask?
“Gimme 5! 5k” That’s right, you heard me, I want a 5k and a 5 spot this coming Saturday (2/5) from all Team Voice! I’d like to see everyone do their 5k and then donate $5 to our cause. It’s just the bump we need to show we are serious about getting going as well as giving us our first virtual event of the year. Get out there on Saturday, yes…Saturday..not Sunday…not Friday… I don’t care what time of day or what time you put in, lets ALL clock in.

We are asking for you to join us, support us, or cheer us on.

How can you join us?
Come on over to our
Team Voice Blog (a new website is in development, more on that soon). Leave us a comment letting us know that you're going to join us! If you're able we'd love for you to donate $5 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation by clicking here, clicking the link on the right side of my blog, or by clicking the link on the Team Voice Blog - leave us a comment with your donation, let us know who you are! We are walkers and runners, but if you're not ready for a 5K walking or running how about doing a bike ride or put the miles in on the elliptical? We are here to help you get where you want to be so let us know what you're going to do.

How can you support us?
Not ready for the 5K? That's okay, maybe you can help support us by making a donation. Your donation will help us send a sick child to Walt Disney World. If you would like to donate, please click
here,, click on the link on the right side of my blog, or visit the Team Voice Blog page and click the donate link there.


How can you cheer us on?
Come back and leave me a comment. I'll be posting about my miles after I'm done Saturday (I'm actually hoping for a nice 15 mile long run, but at the very least I will be doing a 5K). Let me know that you're reading, what you think about my long run, ask me questions about Team Voice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

1 comments:

-Chris said...

Amanda -

What a great idea - I'm in. I've kicked in $5 from our family, so come on everyone, let's all get involved.

5k on Saturday; I like it :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels