2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gimme 5 - 5K! Team Voice Virtual Event REVIEW

I said I'd be doing a 15 mile run and that's what I did! Since in essence I ended up doing three 5K's I decided it would be appropriate to donate $5 for each 5K for a total of $15 :)!

UPDATE: Thanks anonymous for correcting my math, obviously I shouldn't type these up late at night...You are correct that it was five 5K's not three...Call me human, what can I say...I've also donated the extra $10 so that it truly was $5 per 5K!

I started out the day a bit later than I had intended and decided that heading outside in the daylight just wasn't in the cards for me today. That meant the treadmill was waiting for me. 15 miles on the treadmill can be challenging.

At about 1pm, I headed to the workout room turned on the treadmill, plugged in the iPod, started Kindle on the iPhone, and loaded up the San Diego Half Marathon course. This is a relatively flat course and meant that I could push myself a bit more than I have been. What does pushing mean? Well, for me it means that I needed to do some run/walk intervals and see where it took me. I am still working on one minute run, one minute walk intervals and for now that combination seems to be pretty good for me overall.

I managed to keep the intervals going steady for almost nine miles. Then I just ran when I was feeling too tired to keep going. This meant I did quite a bit of running during that last six miles, but that's a good thing too!

So here are the results of my run today:

.39mi warm up walk
15mi @ 13:46 per mi
.5mi cool down walk

I am pretty happy with these results as it's faster than I've gone in about a year and it's starting to set in that I'm running again and that it feels good. The greatest part of this test today - I hurt a lot less when I run/walk than when I fast walk. I didn't start to get tired legs until well in to the 14th mile and that's unusual for me. I actually feel pretty good right now, I managed to go to a play tonight and sitting for 2.5hrs didn't even really stiffen my legs at all - happy about this for sure.

So what did you do today? Any miles? Let me know what you think and how you're doing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

15 miles is actually almost five 5Ks, not 3! (5K is 3.1 miles).

MikeF. said...

Wow put someone down and make it anonymous. Thats pretty weak if you ask me. Great job on the 15 MILES Amanda. You are doing great!

Justin said...

Ditto what Mike said.

mgreene said...

I don't see how the first post was a put down? It looks like someone was letting her know she actually did more than she thought?

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels