2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Review: Jan 17 - 23

I'm changing things up a bit this year. Last year you all had to put up with my ramblings for a weekly preview and a weekly review. This year I'm just going to give you a weekly review instead. Since we're operating under the NO EXCUSES motto this year I will do my best to not make excuses - I will tell you straight up if I missed a target each week.

I am going to try very hard this year to not miss miles. If I have to give up a workout due to time constraints or my own laziness and it was a run/walk day I will make up the miles if I can. This will be challenging for me I think, but also necessary to reach my goals.

If you recall I have some goals for workouts this year:
1. 80-100 miles run/walk per month
2. One day of Pilates per week
3. One day of Strength Training per week
4. One day of Bike or Elliptical per week
5. One Treadmill Workout on the Treadmill per week

I will also be participating in the Team Voice King of the Hill challenge...we have some crazy mileage folks on the team so I don't anticipate actually ever winning this one :)!

In addition, Justin over at Just Keep Goofin' has put together the Goofy Weekly Training Challenge. Everyone has a chance to participate and he has the rules up on his blog (
here). I'll be posting my level and medal on my weekly review!

Without further adieu...Here's this week's recap

Monday
PM Workout: Treadmill Walk - 3.51mi, .28mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 15:43 per mi, .24mi cool down walk

Notes: Still fighting a pretty nasty cold. Wanted to try to run, but the lungs weren't quite there yet so I had to keep it at a walk.

Tuesday
PM Workout:
Treadmill Walk - 3.18mi, 3mi @ 15:38 per mi, .18mi cool down walk
Treadmill - .78mi, Incline Workout
Notes: Still not feeling great, but I'm glad I got some miles in and I did the first incline workout on the treadmill tonight.

Wednesday
PM Workout: Treadmill Run/Walk- 4.45mi, 4.03mi @ 16:05 per mi, .43mi cool down walk
Notes: Starting to feel better. Screwed up and forgot to hit my lap button when I started run/walk intervals. The treadmill said I did more miles faster - might need to calibrate the Garmin, but I think the foot pod just isn't sensitive because I can get the pace right if I stomp on the treadmill, which I am not a heavy footed runner/walker so that's very awkward. I did manage to do 4 miles with 1 minute run/1 minute walk intervals and it felt pretty good, but I was tired at the end.

Thursday
PM Workout: Pilates 20 Minute Circle Workout
Bike - 20mi, 1hr 24mins, 14.2mph avg, resistance level 2
Notes: Still having trouble breathing. Both the Pilates and the bike kicked my rear tonight. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Friday
REST
Notes: I slacked off today. I'm sore and tired and I didn't get home from work until after 6pm. I'll make up the 4 miles I missed this weekend though.

Saturday
PM Workout: Treadmill Walk -13.23mi @ 15:00min per mi
Notes: Threw the NYC Half Marathon course on the treadmill today and set the pace at 4mph. I did a couple of short jog segments after 9.5 miles. Felt pretty good through the whole thing. Didn't wear my Garmin so it was tough to know the exact pace and time, but it felt good just to do the miles and not worry about things.

Sunday
AM Workout: Walk - 3.3mi @ 17:07 per mi
Notes: Took the dogs out for a nice slow recovery walk today. Feel really good except for my right big toe - still having some odd issues with pain in there. My head is also still really stuffy, but at least I'm coughing less :).

Weekly Numbers:
Weight Watch: +2.8 pounds


Run/Walk Miles: 28.45
Bike Miles: 20
TOTAL MILES: 48.45


Pilates: 1 20 minute circle workout
Strength: MISSED
Incline: 1 20 minute incline workout

Monthly Numbers:
Run/Walk Miles: 83.3
Bike Miles: 20
Elliptical Miles: 0
TOTAL MILES: 103.3

Goofy's Weekly Training Challenge Results:
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tricia said...

great job on the miles

Richard said...

Nice job this week, I'm glad you're starting to feel better; it is not unusual to get sick shortly after a marathon (or more in your case!) as your immunity can drop a bit.

I love that you have the option where you can run predefined courses like the NYC half that you did. I was looking at those units yesterday while shopping for a new heart rate monitor.

Keep up the good work!

Chris said...

Great mileage, I wouldn't count yourself out of KOTH just yet! Although....People who don't think they can be KOTH, don't put in half marathons on the heels of being sick :-). Capitalize on the good month and look forward to progressing it through February. Let's start thinking about ways to keep us all going through the summer as that's when I anticipate a lull in the teams activity.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels