2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dopey Trip Report - January 14, 2011 (The Trip Home)

I wasn't going to bore you with details from the trip home, but there were a couple of cool things about this day.

The alarm went off at 7am and I listened to the radio until 7:45am. There were a lot of discussions about the thirteenth zodiac and the change in the horoscopes - odd. I finally got up and took a shower and got ready to head out.

I had to put the last things in the suitcases and then I had to balance the weigh between the suitcases as good as I could. I was just hoping that they weren't too heavy, but I took my new race shirts out and put them in my carry on just in case - my medals were already in my carry on.

I still had time to kill so I flipped on the TV and watched some of the Today show and Live with Regis and Kelly (Randy Jackson was filling in for Regis). Finally at 9:30am I headed down to see about checking my bags. I had never done this before, but my Magical Express papers had my boarding pass and bag check information for one of the bags in it. I figured I'd give it a go since I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to do anything but go straight to the gate this way.

After taking my bags down, they gave me a second bag claim tag for my other suitcase, checked my id and that was all there was to it - super quick and easy. I had about an hour to wait until the Magical Express was supposed to pick me up so I headed out to the boat launch area to sit and read for a bit. Then I headed out front to wait.

I had noticed that my pick up time was 10:35am which wasn't bad if there weren't any other stops, but could get dicey if there were a lot of stops. Oh well, too late now :)! The bus showed up at 10:45am and then we stopped at the Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Grand Floridian before heading to the airport. I made it through security, a quick bio break and to the gate just before noon.

The flight home was uneventful and I was ready to see my dogs and bird and get a good night's sleep. It was a good trip - I accomplished something I wasn't sure I could, met up with old friends and new and enjoyed even the most painful of moments :)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels