2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)


Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dopey Trip Report - January 12, 2011

I didn't set any alarms for today and for some reason I'm noticing that I'm really tired. I got up at 9am, had some breakfast and got ready to head out.

Left the room at 10:10am and headed to Epcot. Let me tell you that it was cold - very cold when I stepped outside. All the flags are being kept at half mast for the AZ shooting victims - such a sad situation. The monorail was pretty uneventful this morning and for the most part I'm noticing that my legs are feeling great. I am still having some odd pain in the big toe joint on my right big toe, but that's the only pain that's left so I feel pretty good about that.

I arrived at Epcot just before 11am and I got in line - yes, there was a line - for Spaceship Earth. It's one of my favorite rides and while I don't love the changes they made a couple of years ago, I still like the ride and must do it a couple times at least.

Ellen was waiting for me so I headed over to Universe of Energy. It was great, I walked in right as the preshow was starting. Good timing! I sat in the back row all by myself and I decided to sit on the far left of the row because I didn't want the dinosaur snot on me today. So much for not getting wet - we were almost through the dinosaurs when something sprayed water on me. I have no idea what it was because there's nothing there that should have any water - very strange.

Nemo was lost again so I decided to go find him. I hopped in my clammobile and started looking. Thank goodness we found him. Then I decided to look around the Living Seas for a bit and I was downstairs and headed towards the manatee viewing and both manatees were sleeping at the very bottom of the pool - so cute!

I was watching the tip board and the Soarin' line showed 60 minutes so I headed over to get in line. I know, I could use fastpass, but for some reason I just don't like to bother. I had my phone and I love the Kindle app so I read while in line. The turned out to be only about 30 minutes so it wasn't so bad. As I'm waiting I'm noticing that I have a bit of scratchiness in my throat - nothing bad, but it is there.

After Soarin' and catching the sites in California I headed over to Living with the Land. I love this ride. It's cool to see all the plants and fish. I like seeing what's there that wasn't there last time or what's grown big. I did noticed there were hardly any alligators today - must have been a run on alligators somewhere :).

Figment was lonely - really lonely so I thought it would be nice to stop by and say hi. Wow, I was wrong, he had a lot of company. I had to wait at least 5 seconds as I chose a row. There were only four of us total on the ride and the cast was having fun as they waited for people. Figment, the little stinker had fun with us!

Why, I can't be sure, but I decided to head over to Captain EO. I don't love the movie or the effects and I'm really not a big Michael Jackson fan, but I guess it brings back memories of seeing it with the family in Disneyland. Still, while it is as cheesy as ever I did enjoy it somewhat :)!

I wondered around Mouse Gear for a while but didn't find anything I needed to buy. Then I headed over to World Showcase. I haven't mentioned this yet, but Epcot was really crowded - so crowded that there was a 30 minute wait for Maelstrom (which I skipped). I enjoyed just looking around the countries and through some of the shops.

Finally at 3:45pm I decided to head back over to Spaceship Earth for one more ride. I was feeling really tired by this point and after a nice relaxing ride through the history of communication I decided to head out.

I caught the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then the Contemporary. I stopped at the Contempo Cafe for a burger and was back in my room by 4:50pm. I enjoyed my burger and did not enjoy doing some work.

Later on I headed back to the Tower to do some shopping. I have always liked the shops at the Contemporary and today was no exception. I picked up a couple of pins and then went to the market to grab some water and headed back to my room.

Back in the room I did some blogging, some more work, some journaling and then watched some TV while relaxing.


-Chris said...

Sounds like a great time after the race, Amanda. You stayed longer than we did- we left Monday morning, but honestly, all of us had pretty well gotten our fill of the parks, the food and not sleeping in our own beds!

It was a blast though, as your report also shows. I think it will be at least 2013 before we venture back down for the races. I love doing the Disney marathon weekend, but we get our fill of the mouse and it usually lasts about 2 years.

Nice job again, on the race.

Richard said...

It was about time you got to sleep in after three straight race days! Sounds like you had a good post-marathon day, even if you did have to do a bit of work.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive