2014 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 225.89
(Run/Walked = 154.56, Biked = 68.50, Elliptical = 2.83)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dopey Training Review - Week #50


MIND CHECK
As I predicted it was a tough week overall. Work was crazy, family is now not speaking to me (what else is new), I've been so tired it's been hard to get things done. Regardless of all this, I have done quite a bit of prep for the trip in terms of packing and that is exciting. We also started a new year this week - holy cow how is that possible?
BODY CHECK
Not much to report here as I really haven't done much this week. Long work hours really caused me to miss my mark in terms of miles this week...Whether that's good or bad I won't know that until next week I suppose...
NUTRITION
This is one part of the week that has gone extremely well. I have stayed right in line with where I wanted to be all week and that's a big plus. I know that WDW is going to cause me some issues, but I'm confident that I can come back home after the trip and get back on track - now I just need you to hold me to that :)!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
My legs are still a bit sore from the 20 miler, my right knee is twinging a bit so I took today as a rest day. My pups were putting me through my paces today as well - Jasmine hurt her paw and it took some time for her to let me massage it out. I kept her quiet the rest of the day and she was doing great. Belle started coughing - apparently she ate something she shouldn't have or something because she did finally stop hacking. Geez - what a crazy day.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Stuck at work for 16+ hours so no workout for me tonight.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi @ no target
Told you work was going to be rough this week. Another 18 hour day today so there went my workout time.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
I was so tired today that I completely flaked out on my miles when I ended up falling asleep on the couch.
Friday
AM: Bike - 35mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill wog - 3mi, 1mi @ 17:08 per mi, 1mi @ 14:38 per mi, 1mi @ 17:08 per mi
Wanted to break the 100 mile mark on my feet and the bike today, but it just wasn't meant to be. I did manage to run the full second mile today which is something I haven't done in a long time so I was pretty happy about that.
Saturday
AM: New Year's Day 5K
AM: New Year's Day 5K - 3.25mi, run/walk @ 13:58 per mi
For the 4th consecutive year I started out the new year with my traditional 5K. It felt good to shake out the legs with a nice run walk. I didn't do any interval timing, I didn't look too much at the Garmin - I just went by what my body felt like. Overall it was a fun run and I enjoyed it.
Sunday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Treadmill walk - 4.07 mi @ 15:35 per mi
Jumped on the treadmill this morning, but I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. I did manage to get 4 miles in and that's better than nothing, but I know I should have done more. I am glad I kept my legs moving at least. The race nerves are starting to really get to me - I haven't been this nervous for a race in a very long time.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post to see how next week shapes up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels