2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dopey Training Preview - Race Week


MIND CHECK
Yep, this is the last 2011 Dopey Training Preview post. Can you believe that it's finally here? I can't. It seems like it's been forever and then it seems like I could use another year before the races. I am a nervous wreck now and I think the nerves are just going to keep escalating until I am actually on the race course for the final race - the big one, the full marathon. I know I am okay on the 5K and I am pretty sure that I can handle the Half Marathon, but the Full Marathon is an unknown for me and the Full Marathon after a 5K and Half Marathon is really big unknown. I am trying to keep my thoughts positive, my spirit up and the doubts at bay, but it's tough. I want these events to go well, but you never know what a race day will throw at you....I have tried to prepare for everything, but is that possible? Probably not. Regardless, I keep going over the races in my mind and visualizing the courses and how the medals will feel around my neck at the end. All I know is that I'm going to leave it all out on those courses and give it my all.
BODY CHECK
I am a little sore from my walk/run at the 5K yesterday, but nothing to write home about. I feel pretty good over all and I would like to keep it that way as I prepare for the races in less than a week. Wow - less than a week!
NUTRITION
I will continue doing my best here and once I get to WDW all bets are off....I'll try to monitor my diet the best I can until Sunday night after the Full marathon when I fully intend to enjoy a very nice meal after which I will crawl back to my room and collapse :)!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 2mi @ no target
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Wednesday
Travel to Walt Disney World
Thursday
Expo - race packet pick up!
Friday
AM: Buzz & Woody's Best Friends 5K
Saturday
AM: Walt Disney World Half Marathon
Sunday
AM: Walt Disney World Full Marathon

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the final Dopey Review post to see how this week turns out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels