2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tiny Thought - 5 Days The Mind Is Strong

Tiny Thought: "Mental fortitude is more important than physical endurance."

Not sure who said this, but I really think it's an important thing to know. On my last 20 mile walk I wanted to stop and sit down many times on my journey, but I didn't. How did I stop that from happening? I have a little saying that I have used for several years now and it makes me smile and it makes me think of the goal at hand.


What is my little saying? Well - you know the "We Can Do It" song from Cinderella? The one that the mice sing when they make a lovely dress for Cinderelly? Yeah - the chorus changes to "I can do it, I can do it, I can finish this walk." In fact, I make up words for the whole song while I'm out on the course. It's just one of those things I started during my first half marathon at Disneyland in 2008 and it stuck.

What's your favorite motivational song, phrase, or whatever else helps you get through when the going gets tough?

3 comments:

-Chris said...

Focus on the mile you're on. Nothing else.

Winners never quit and quitters never quit.

There are many, many people sitting in hospitals, nursing homes and jail cells around this world that would give 20 years off their lifespan to be able to do what YOU are doing right now. Grattitude for the gift, that's my answer. :)

Chris said...

I finally watched the ironman kona broadcast and to Chris's point, there was a guy who came out of prison, changed his life and completed the ironman....

I always say it and it's on my RoadID....Run, because you can!

I don't have one song, there are many, but the thing that keeps me going are the faces of my kids and my wife (Lorraine) cheering me on and telling me I can do it. And then I think to myself, he'll yeah I can do this! Got me through the Hartford marathon when I was dragging my leg from mile 20 on.....think I'll envision them watching via iMapmyrun cheering me on from CT this January and it will get me through the Goof for sure. The tie to Team Voice also helps keep me going as I don't feel like I'm on my own and don't want to let down my teammates.

Rae! said...

Just Keep Swimming!
Dory

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels