2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tiny Thought - 30 Days and Counting

I honestly can't believe it, but it's true....There are only 30 days until I head to Walt Disney World for one of the biggest challenges I've ever undertaken. So, I'm going to try to post something little each day before I leave. Whether it's a fear, accomplishment, hope, or something completely off the wall I don't know, but it'll be something.

Today's Tiny Thought: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Yeah, sometimes I wonder why the heck I decided to sign up for the Dopey Challenge...I am a year ahead of what I was going to do. The plan was going to be do the full marathon in 2011 and do the Dopey in 2012...Then I got bit by the bug...Spectating during the full marathon I figured there was no reason that I shouldn't do it a year earlier. I needed some fear in my training - too bad that fear didn't hit me a little sooner ;)!

Now I'm a month out and I'm nervous. Not so much about the pain and the miles, but I'm worried about the pace. I've gone to pretty much strictly walking right now and it concerns me that I won't be fast enough.

I'm sure going to do my best to make it through though!!!

5 comments:

Richard said...

I've been bitten by that bug before and I've come through OK so far (for the most part, anyway!). I think the nerves are OK to have. They show your respect for the race distance as much as anything else. You've been working on this a long time now and from what I have seen, you have what it takes to do this.

Race day is never a guarantee for anyone, but you will hit the starting lines prepared to make it happen.

LauraElaine said...

You are going to be fine! Just wait until that adrenaline kicks and and you will be off at a great pace! And just think of the awesome picture you'll get for your scrapbook! :)

Jonathan "The Voice" said...

Tell you what - we'll walk the half together - one leg down. :) See you soon!

-Chris said...

Amanda - Don't sweat it too much. Remember, all the training can go perfectly, nutrition can be flawless, and race day can still see a wipeout for any of us. The best thing to do is prepare as best you can, plan your strategy, decide how you will handle the pain, and agree as to how much you are willing to endure. If you show up at the starting line with those things done, you've given yourself the best chances you possibly could have.


You'll do great, don't worry. Either way, make up your mind that you're going to give it 100%. If something goes wrong, you can live with the effort you put into it, right?

Works for me every single time :)

anyseo said...

Disney World-Disney world offer special packages for special Seasons and also offers discount on tickets and different package plane to stay and travel.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels