2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #48


MIND CHECK
Ugh, this has been a horrible week all the way around. I am home from business travel - thank goodness. It was just a rough week on me mentally for sure. I had a lot of health things going on and I feel mentally beat up. I know I need to buck up and get back on track as the challenge awaits :)!
BODY CHECK
I got extremely swollen on the flight to New Jersey...So swollen that I had trouble putting my shoes on. Swelling on planes is nothing new for me...It happens almost every time I fly. The swelling lasted a couple of days and finally went away. Sadly, as soon as the swelling was gone, the flu hit me hard. I ended up working while wanting to curl up and sleep for two straight days. Started feeling better, but it took its toll on me.
NUTRITION
I didn't do great, I didn't do terrible on the food front this week. It's hard during business travel to be perfect, but overall I did okay. Of course, I didn't do great this weekend. Oh well, the week is over and done and I move on from here.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Bike - 10mi @ no target
My legs are still swollen from the miles and travel so I decided to not push it today. I took the extra rest day. It was also tough with the time change to get myself motivated to get up and get moving today.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Bike - 11.5mi, 30 mins, resistance level 2
AM: Treadmill walk - 4.07mi # 15:47 per mi
Still a bit swollen but it felt good to get some miles in today. Feel pretty much recovered from the dress rehearsal last week which is pretty amazing to me.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi @ no target
While I am still a bit swollen, it is getting better. Of course, now I am so sick - my stomach is just very upset and I feel really awful. Really wish I could just sleep instead of going in to the office for a full day of meetings.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:88 per mi, cool down walk
Still extremely ill...My stomach is just raw and upset. Another long day.
Friday
AM: Bike - 10mi @ no target
Ah, it does feel good to be home. I'm starting to feel better, but I'm mentally drained and still a bit sick. I also got some very sad news today which didn't make me feel any better :(...
Saturday
AM: Long walk - 12mi @ 16-18 per mi
I had every intention of getting a nice long walk in today, but I just don't have any energy at all. I ended up sleeping quite a good portion of the day away.
Sunday
AM: Walk - 2mi @ no target
AM: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 23mins, 14.4mph avg, resistance level 2
I was going to try for a brick workout today, but by the time I was done with the bike I was completely worn out. Instead of pushing myself and getting sicker I decided to back off after the bike and take it easy the rest of the day.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post to see how next week will shape up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels