2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #47


MIND CHECK
Well this was one telling week for me. Changed up the plans a little bit and when for the fully Dopey Challenge over the course of the week. It taught me some stuff that I really couldn't have known without doing the miles. I am happy to say that I made it through the full mileage and survived and I'll discuss this more in the workout reviews below.
BODY CHECK
I was on the treadmill a lot this week and put in quite a few miles. Overall the body was feeling great going in to this week and did pretty well throughout the week.
NUTRITION
Great nutrition until Sunday which was a travel day and led to me overeating at dinner. Overall I feel like I did pretty good here considering. Had a nice weight loss of 3.6 pounds for the week, which felt really good :)!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill walk - 4.41mi @ 16:12 per mi
I was really tired tonight, but I managed to get some miles in on the treadmill. I really wanted to start the week off right since I know next week will be hard with the business travel.
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 20mi @ no target
PM: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 26mins, 13.8mph avg, resistance level 2
Wow, I'm still very tired, but I still got the bike ride in tonight. I know what the plan says, but I think I'm going for the full Dopey Challenge this week...I really want to see if I'm going to be able to do this.
Wednesday
AM: Easy run - 4mi @ 14:48 per mi
PM: Treadmill wog - 3.41mi @ 16:05 per mi
I put the WDW 5K on the treadmill so I could run it. I did a nice 1 min run/1 min walk interval session and felt really good. I finally realized that I've been afraid to run this year. I know I weigh more than I should and I didn't walk to injure myself before the Dopey so I haven't pushed as hard as I should have. At least I finally figured this out and hope to move forward from here.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 10mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill walk - 13.34mi @ 17:13 per mi
I put the WDW Half Marathon on the treadmill so I could walk it. I was slower than I wanted to be, but overall I felt pretty good and kept it light and easy. I only used 20oz of water for fuel and felt pretty good through the whole walk. I did eat a good snack before I started out and this sustained me pretty well and I didn't have any stomach trouble.
Friday
AM: Long walk - Warm up walk, 20mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill walk - 26.38mi, .26mi warm up walk, 26mi @ 17:17 per mi, .12mi cool down walk
Used quite a bit of fuel on this one - 64oz water, 32oz Powerade Zero and 3 gels...I know that I did not have enough fuel during the walk...This was a huge challenge - I didn't get to start until after 5pm and didn't finish until after 1am. I'm a bit worried about the pace as I don't feel I could have gone much faster - the treadmill was set at 16:40 per mi, but the Garmin clocked at 17:17 per mi so some discrepancy there for sure. I felt pretty good up through mile 20 and that's where it got really tough. I wanted to stop several times, but kept telling myself that if I can't do it here I can't do it at the race - this kept me going to the end. The treadmill actually said I did over 27 miles, but I'm going with the Garmin distance of 26.38. By the time I was done I thought I was done for - my legs were so sore, tired, jelly-like that I wasn't sure I'd be able to walk the next day. I did an ice bath, put the compression socks on, ate dinner and went to bed. I'd just have to see how the next day went.
Saturday
REST
Surprise, surprise - I can walk and I don't actually feel so bad. I was walking a little slower than normal, but I was walking. I managed to go see a play, get dog food, and do my grocery shopping all without much pain at all. There is some soreness don't get me wrong, but I'm much better off than I thought I'd be.
Sunday
TRAVEL
Well, since today was a travel day there was no workout time for me. Did do some house and yard work before heading to the airport. Felt pretty good unless I tried to walk fast. The plane presented some problems...I normally swell when I fly, my legs get pretty swollen...This time I could barely wear my shoes - very, very swollen. Have to keep an eye on that.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels