2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #46


MIND CHECK
I did end up using this as a recovery week...Three whole days off in fact. I didn't mean it to be that many, but work got in the way and you know how that goes. Still feeling pretty good and wanting to build some more confidence in the mileage and pace. Generally though, I just have a sense of nervousness hanging around me as we get closer and closer to race time.
BODY CHECK
Can't really complain here. I feel good in terms of joints and aches and pains. The soreness from the 23 miler went away very quickly which makes me feel good.
NUTRITION
I did really well here this week. I stayed on track with calories between 1200-1500 and really watching that I wasn't over snacking. Felt like I made good progress here this week. I was also down 2.8 pounds which is great.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
AM: Walk - 3.15mi @ 16:21 per mi
Took the dogs for a cold and windy walk this morning. I was dressed warm, but not warm enough. Ended up cutting back a little on mileage, but still got a nice walk in. The good thing is that I am pretty much done with the soreness from the long walk over the weekend.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill walk - 3.27mi @ 15:37 per mi
Ended up staying late at work so I didn't have time for the full 6 miles, but at least I got some miles in and it put me over 125 miles for the month of November. Did a little walk/jog for a while tonight which felt pretty good as well.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill walk - 3.11mi @ 16:08 per mi
Late night at work again tonight, but I started off the new month with a couple of miles. I felt that was important...The pace was rather sad since I was thinking I pushing it a bit tonight.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
I was feeling a bit tired and swollen all day so I decided that I would take today off and let the body rest. Good thing I made that decision as I didn't get home until 10pm and then ended up working until after midnight.
Friday
AM: Bike - 30mi @ no target
So I had a vacation day today - no work....HA! I did get a little nap in the morning which threw me off my schedule and then I ended up having to work from 2pm until after 1am. I wanted to work out, but it was actually probably a god thing that I was forced to take another day of rest and I still was feeling very tired.
Saturday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Bike - 30mi,2hrs 11mins, 13.6mph avg, resistance level 2
PM: Treadmill walk - 6.42mi, .26mi warm up walk, 6mi @ 16:11 per mi, .15mi cool down
Well, if you're going to work out do it right....Right? I took an easy 30 miles on the bike - nothing too difficult. Then I took a few minutes to hydrate and headed for the treadmill. A nice long walk on the treadmill and I'd finished a nice brick workout. My legs felt good and strong during the whole workout and that was amazing. I just have to keep the momentum going and working on getting stronger and faster as we get closer to race day!
Sunday
REST
Yep, it was another rest day. I was going to take a walk, but I just didn't feel it today so I skipped it. I did get some yard work done though so at least I wasn't a complete couch potato :)!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Great job with those Saturday workouts! Things seem to be coming together despite your occasional schedule upset.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels