2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Wrap Up

Okay, I know I don't always post a monthly wrap up, but I felt that November was such a stellar month for me that I wanted to share with all my followers (thanks for following by the way)!

Weight Loss
While I didn't do as good here as I probably should have I really kicked back in to better eating habits and I made a small stride forward the last half of the month, even through Thanksgiving. I ended the month with a 4.4 pound weight loss - yes, a loss for a change instead of more gain!

Mileage
I am so happy with what I did in terms of miles this month - this is what has really prompted this post. I've never hit the miles on my feet that I have this month. I started the month with a slowly walked half marathon with a friend. The following week I did my first 20 mile walk on the treadmill which included 4.73 miles on Friday, 9.59 miles on Saturday, and 20.69 miles on Sunday - my first Dopey attempt and I felt good with the progress. Then I ended up the month with a 23 mile walk - outside this time, my longest ever. This was a great month in terms of mileage gain and through it I've had some sore spots and times, but overall I've been feeling pretty good in terms of joints and body in general.

Want to know the numbers?

Walk/Run Miles: 125.94
Bike Miles: 50
Total Mile: 175.94

Do I feel good about all these miles? Heck yeah I do!!! It hasn't always been easy with the stresses of work and home, but I'm so proud of where I am at right now and I don't want to lose the momentum. I am really gearing up for the Dopey Challenge and while I'm still very nervous and will be until I have the medals around my neck I know that my mental strength plus the hours I'm spending building miles will help me reach my goals.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a month of hard work ahead of me and I'm relishing that challenge right now, but this will be a tough month with holidays and travel and other obstacles. I am going to do my best and know that the work I put in now will help me later!

In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty far from WDW in my attempt to get there in terms of mileage this year...I will more than likely fail that goal this year. Fail is a hard term because I'll still have done the most miles I've ever done in a year, and that does count for something. That being said - I think I will reset the clock on this in the New Year or I may choose a new destination to run to, but I will do another running to challenge next year.

I don't know what my race goals will be for next year after the Dopey Challenge, but I'm sure there will be some new challenges and I'll be starting to look for those challenges in the next couple of weeks as we head for the new year.

Leave me a comment and let me know how your November was - are you happy, stressed, disappointed? Take stock and see where you are as we head towards the holidays and soon a brand new year with new challenges, new goals and new successes!!!!

4 comments:

-Chris said...

Amanda -

Awesome, awesome month it was for you. That's fantastic that you were able to push through it when the time was tough and the odds were against getting out there and doing it. Great, great job.

Since I'm running the Disney marathon in Jan. also, I'm in the same boat as we get closer to it. November saw me log my highest monthly mileage total I've ever run and that feels pretty good. Confidence is the key when it comes to lining up on marathon morning, and like you, I'm feeling pretty confident about it. I'm going to grab a 20 miler this Saturday morning early, and probably 3 more before Jan 1, with a handful of 16-20 milers mixed in as well. Should be exciting.

Anyway, great work in November. Keep focused in December and remember that race day will be here and gone before you know it, so get out and bust it over these last 30 days or so. Leave everything on the course on race day, but leave everything else on the course during your final training month.

Go get em.

LauraElaine said...

Way to go! You should be proud of yourself!
My November was less than stellar - without having any races to train for, my motivation goes right out the door!

Jonathan "The Voice" said...

Amanda,

I'm really proud of you - and finding inspiration from you every day I read. Which is helpful, as I've been in a rut lately - but I have 35 days from today to turn things around. Get in the right frame of mind. Get my butt out the door. And get some pounds off my waist.

And knowing you're out there doing the same thing REALLY helps.

Can't wait to see you again!

MAIN STREET AWAITS!
Jonathan

Chris said...

You are peaking at the right time for sure, another good month and you'll have an outstanding Goofy! We're definitely going to have a celebratory margarita or something after the full is all wrapped up!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels