2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #45


MIND CHECK
So, how am I feeling after this week. It's been an interesting week to say the least. Only a couple of days of work to stress me out - although I've put in plenty of time this week while not in the office. Family drama can get to me sometimes (today particularly). Thanksgiving has come and gone. Oh yeah - and I've completed my longest walk ever! All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about things in general. I'm a bit tired, but feeling okay mentally.
BODY CHECK
Ouch - yep, ouch. I'm a bit sore right now. My long walk took a toll on me yesterday so I'm feeling the effects a bit today. Nothing serious, just general soreness from pushing harder than I have lately.
NUTRITION
I'm not a saint. I slipped up a bit this week. Nothing drastic, but I had a couple of days where I was at about 1700 calories - I have been trying to stay between 1200 - 1500...Nothing ridiculous, but I need to be careful and make sure that I don't let it become a habit.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill walk - 4.29mi @ 17:13 per mi
Stressful day, but I still got my walk in.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 27mins, 13.7mph avg, resistance level 2
Stayed late at work and ended up not wanting to jump on the treadmill in the evening, so I decided to do a nice pedal instead. Felt pretty good after 20 miles, legs were a little tired, but not terrible.
Wednesday
AM: Bike - 20mi @ no target
AM: Walk 5.24mi @ 15:33 per mi
Took the dogs out for a nice long walk this morning. The new shoes are still causing me a lot of pain in the left heel and they just don't feel great. Looks like new shoes are in order for sure.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Turkey day left me tired and wiped out. I didn't do a darn thing but nap and watch TV today. It felt so good to not have to do anything.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
AM: Walk 4.08mi @ 15:58 per mi
Got the girls out for another nice walk today. I wore my new Nike Pegasus 27's - ah, how awesome are these new shoes? So great. New shoes and new socks and no pain - it is great!!!
Saturday
AM: Long walk - Warm up walk, 23mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Long walk - 23.25mi, .29mi warm up walk, 22.5mi @ 15:37 per mi, .4mi @ 17:07
What can I say about this one? A lot, that's why I'll do a separate post about my longest walk ever. It was quite an experience and I pushed harder than I have in a while and I'm feeling it in the hips mostly. I'm very pleased that I was able to do this and it means that I am getting closer to the Dopey!
Sunday
REST
AM: Walk 1.63mi @ 19:04 per mi
Figured I needed to keep the blood moving today and keep the joints as loose as possible. It was rough to even get this mileage in today, but after I got warmed up I knew it was the right decision. The dogs were quite happy to get out and walk this morning too :)!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Good job on this week! You seem to be bringing it all together when it matters most to peak out your training.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels