2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #44


MIND CHECK
I may have taken rest a little further than I needed to this week, but I feel a bit more rested and ready for another tough week coming up. Overall I felt pretty good this week and am happy with where I'm at in terms of mileage - still a bit worried about the pace though.
BODY CHECK
No real problems to speak of here. Things are pretty average in terms of soreness this week.
NUTRITION
Another great week in terms of eating. I stuck to my plan of staying between 1200-1500 calories and other than being hungry a few times it's been fine. The good thing is I realized that the hunger was all about the stress and I did not cheat to try to make myself feel better!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
REST
I actually did take the entire day as a rest day. I felt it necessary after the tough weekend before. Amazingly, I wasn't feeling too sore after all those miles which makes me happy and baffled at the same time. I will definitely continue to use ice baths after the long runs as it does seem to help.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill walk - 4.67mi, .32mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 16:53 per mi, .45mi cool down walk
Didn't feel like walking this morning, but at least I got some miles in on the treadmill tonight. I really wasn't feeling the mill though - it was tough to stay on for any length of time. I know that I need the miles though so that's a good thing.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
AM: Walk - 4.03mi @ 15:11 per mi
Started a new pair of shoes today. I took the dogs on a walk this morning and we kept a good pace going. The new shoes felt okay except for the double blister I developed on my left heel. I can't believe the problems I now have with blisters - 3 years and never a blister and now I have them constantly...It did feel good to get outside though!
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 27mins, 13.6mph avg, resistance level 2
I just wasn't feeling great today so I decided to skip the walk/jog and do a pedal instead. I was feeling a bit sore and achy today - not sure if it was the new shoes yesterday, pushing the pace or just general soreness.
Friday
AM: Bike - 20mi @ no target
PM: Walk - 2.52mi @ 15:58 per mi
Took the dogs out for another walk tonight using the new shoes. I redid the laces on the new shoes and it did seem to help with the blisters. Jasmine wanted to run tonight - it was very cute the way she started trotting and all of a sudden she took of at a run and I followed along. It was a short sprint, but it was still fun. I bought Kinect for XBox 360 and I only played for a bit, but I got a bit of a workout from it and I definitely got up a sweat!
Saturday
AM: Long run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
I am a slacker. I just didn't want to workout today so I didn't. I had a play to go to in the afternoon and it sort of cut the day in a weird way and it really just made me sort of tired. I felt it would be okay to take the day off.
Sunday
REST
AM: Walk - 4mi @ 15:58 per mi
Took the dogs out for another walk today. It was windy and cloudy and absolutely beautiful outside! Jasmine was wanting to run again today so we did a couple of quick sprints again - she's so funny when she runs and her ears blow back with the wind! My legs are a little sore today - not sure why since I've hardly done anything this week :).

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels