2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #43


MIND CHECK
The week after my fifth half marathon and I was feeling pretty good. Started to worry about the 16 minute per mile pace, but I'm going to do this. Mentally I feel pretty tough right now so I need to keep this mindset and keep moving forward as we get closer to January and the challenge of my life.
BODY CHECK
No soreness at all from the last half marathon. I guess that counts for something. Overall this week has been pretty good in terms of my body. Hope it stays that way!
NUTRITION
My Team Voice buddies reminded me this week that I need to take care of the nutrition portion of this program as much as I take care of everything else. So, I've been much better this week in terms of my eating and I think that has been a good mental boost as well. I need to keep this momentum going in to the holidays which will be a challenge, but one I think needs to happen.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk 2mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill walk - 2mi @ 17:08 per mile, .2mi cool down walk
Really no soreness after the half so this was just a nice way to ease back in to the workouts after the race. Felt good overall.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Okay, I admit it, I completely wimped out today. I wasn't feeling good and felt really tired so I decided to take it easy.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi @ no target
AM: Walk - 3.08mi @ 15:36 per mi
Took the dogs out for a great walk this morning. It was in the 40's and I think I might need some new long sleeve shirts - I went out in short sleeves and it was a little chilly. I'm really worried about my speed - of which I have none right now. It's been tough to keep it under 16 mins per mile right now even on a short walk.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 10mi, 42mins, 13.9 mph avg, resistance level 2
I had a rough morning this morning so I didn't make it out the door for a run or walk. Since I'm really pushing the miles this weekend I decided that a nice short bike ride would be a good alternative instead. Got a nice pedal in.
Friday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill easy - 4.73mi, .33mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 15:07 per mi, .4mi cool down walk
I ended up working until 1am again this morning so I wasn't up to heading outside this morning. I got home this evening and jumped on the treadmill. Got a nice wog in...The first of the Dopey Challenge weekend and I was nervous about the miles but also very excited to see what I can do. This weekend will be very telling.
Saturday
AM: Long run - Warm up walk, 9mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Treadmill walk - 9.59mi, .33mi warm up walk, 9mi @ 16:07 per mi, .26mi cool down walk
Did water during the walk and Accelerade after - no fueling problems today. I wanted to get outside, but I have to say that I just got up to late to get outside. This is when it's nice to have the treadmill at home. I did only manage to get about 3 miles in doing run/walk intervals, the rest of the time was walking. I was pretty happy with the speed today - I am not pushing so hard that I'll hurt myself this weekend. I did try my first ever ice bath after this one - well that's not a pleasant experience!
Sunday
AM: Long run - Warm up walk, 20mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Treadmill walk - 20.69mi, .4mi warm up walk, 20mi @ 17:00 min per mi, .29mi cool down walk
I got up a little late again this morning and debated for a while whether or not I wanted to head out. You see, today was planned to be my longest walk ever. To be honest, I wasn't sure how my fueling was going to go, whether I'd need bio breaks, etc....It made me very nervous to head outside today. So, I decided on the treadmill. Yep, the dreadmill! I've become pretty good at using the treadmill for long amounts of time as long as I have a good book to read. I did it - not super fast, but I set the speed and just keep going. It was rough towards the end, my knees are a bit sore and my hips were a little sore by the end. Overall though I felt pretty good and I can't believe I accomplished this one. I had about 50-60oz of water, 20oz of Accelerade and 2 raspberry Hammer gels. I did another ice bath after this one today so we'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.
That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels