2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #43


MIND CHECK
I'm feeling pretty good going in to this next week...I put in a nice 25 miles last week and I'm really ready to ramp it up a bit more this week. This week is going to be a great mind check for me as I intend to go for some mileage I've never done and do a good portion of the Goofy. I'm nervous about the mileage, but I'll back off a bit this week if I start feeling too tired so that I can really focus on this weekend.
BODY CHECK
I'm feeling pretty good after the half marathon today. It was a slow walk which in some ways is harder than pushing and it was so slow so that I could keep my friend going. I'm a little sore in the left knee, but I'm sure that a bit of ice tonight will ease that up nicely and I'll be ready to go!
NUTRITION
Just going to do what I can do in this area this week. It's been a struggle here and I feel will continue, but really my focus has to be on mileage and staying strong right now. The weight will have to wait to some degree until I can get through the Dopey!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk 2mi @ no target
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi @ no target
Thursday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Friday
AM: Easy run - Warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Saturday
AM: Long run - Warm up walk, 9mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk
Sunday
AM: Long run - Warm up walk, 20mi @ 16-18 per mi, cool down walk

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

3 comments:

Running Diva Mom said...

congrats on another sweet week!! Alays love your recaps. waaaayyy behind on reading your bloggy blog!! :-)

Chris said...

Don't overlook the nutrition too much, it'll take some pressure off the joints. You're right in the sweet spot of training bud, keep up the good work. :-)

Richard said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog after a really hectic and exhausting week or so. Good luck on the increasing mileage and congratulations on the half marathon. I agree that it is much harder to go at a slower pace than you are used to for an event like that.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels