2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #39


MIND CHECK
What can I say about this week...I'm doing my best to get the miles in on my feet and still to my plans at least in terms of getting my feet worn out :). It hasn't been an easy week - work is crazy (nothing new there) and my oldest little dog Ralph is ready to let go (he has stopped eating and is barely drinking - he is 17). There's been quite a bit of stress, but I've managed to try to workout through it.
BODY CHECK
I was over the cold by the middle of the week and moved right to allergies...but I can handle that and I do feel better, but still having some coughing here and there. The right knee is holding up okay, lots of Bio Freeze and ice are wonderful! The blisters on my feet caused me some major trouble this week...The skin on the left heel ripped and left a lot of tender skin that developed a new blister that popped...pretty bad for a couple of days, but better in time to workout this weekend!
NUTRITION
I have failed completely here. I've done nothing but eat badly this week. I have been craving pasta and have worked very hard to fulfill those cravings. I know, I know - I must do better here. I keep trying, but probably need to try even harder.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Bike - 15mi @ no target
PM: Bike - 15mi, 1hr 4mins, 14.2 mi per hr, resistance level 2
Still not feeling great, coughing, etc...Regardless, I managed to get my bike ride in and I think I'm coughing less but feel a little nauseous tonight. My knee held up okay through the bike ride which was good.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - 4mi @ 14:48 per mi
PM: Treadmill walk -4.04mi, .48mi warm up walk, 2.36mi @ 16:14 per mi, 1.19mi cool down walk
Starting to feel better today, but man my legs felt dead tonight. The treadmill was not my friend, but at least I go some miles in today.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 3mi no target
AM: Walk 3.18mi @ 15:59 per mi
Took the girls out for a walk this morning. Felt pretty good, but I've got blisters forming on my left foot again. Really need to figure out why that is happening so much now when I walk. Have to keep trying things until I figure it out I guess.
Thursday
AM: Easy run - 4mi @ 14:48 per mi
Well, the skin on the blister on my left heel is gone and left nothing but raw new skin. I could barely walk today because it hurt so bad. Wrapped things up to help protect and aired at night to make it feel better.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Treadmill walk - 4.19mi @ 17:54 per mi
My left heel still hurts, but I managed to walk on it today. This weekend holds some challenges and I can't wait to see if I can do it.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - 15mi @ 16:00 - 18:00 per mi
PM: Treadmill long run - 7.64mi, .36mi warm up walk, 7mi @ 17:45 per mi, .28mi cool down walk
Ralph is still hanging in and I don't feel like leaving him alone much. I can't make him better, but I don't want him alone...This stressed me out most of the day, so I really just napped on the couch and didn't do much, but at 7pm I drug myself off the couch and did my 7 miles on the treadmill. Decided to try 1min run/1min walk intervals today and I managed to do the full 7 miles this way. I stopped once at 4.75mi to get a drink of water, but other than that I was good to go. While I wasn't fast, it felt good to be able to do some run time and feel okay at the end of the mileage. Tomorrow I will try for 15mi!
Sunday
REST
AM: Treadmill long walk - 15.71mi, .25mi warm up walk, 15mi @ 17:19 per mi, .45mi cool down walk
Holy cow - I just spend 4hrs 35mins on a treadmill and did my longest walk ever. Yes, this is my longest distance ever at one time! All this after 7 miles last night...I'm feeling pretty good about this mentally. Physically, my legs are tired, my feet sore and my hips are tight. I'm sure I'll be feeling this tomorrow, but I just did a little over half of the Dopey this weekend and I feel like this is a great start to the last few months of training for the Dopey!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Make sure you get your rest on those rest days, your body needs those to rebuild--especially after a solid week like this one.

I know what you are going through with Ralph and I feel for you. There is no question that Ralph knows how well-loved he is.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels