2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #37


MIND CHECK
I had a great time at Walt Disney World with some great friends and fun events. I will be posting a trip report at some point soon. I just need to gather all my stuff together and start writing :)!
BODY CHECK
Overall I did okay. I had some knee issues after the 5K that carried in to the half marathon, but I worked through them. The half marathon brought a new challenge of stomach cramps through over half of the race...More on that in the trip report.
NUTRITION
Ugh - there was nothing good about my nutrition during this trip. I just didn't do a good job eating right.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Bike - 15mi @ no target
No workout. Between work and trying to get ready for the trip I stayed plenty busy without trying to get a workout in.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - 4mi @ 14:22 per mi
Again no workout.
Wednesday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
Ah, the day for a trip always keeps me busy with yard work, packing and house cleaning!
Thursday
REST - Travel to WDW
Had an okay travel day to Orlando. It took me a while to get in to the resort and unfortunately I had to do a fair amount of work which kept me busy far too long.
Friday
REST
I really wanted to get a nice 5K run in, but staying up until 1:30am and traveling all day the day before wore me out...I know, excuses, excuses. You're right, I was just lazy!
Saturday
AM: Halloween 5K
AM: Mickey's Halloween 5K - 3.18mi @ 14:43 per mi
This was an enjoyable race. The coolest thing as far as I'm concerned was the grave digger out on the course - people were laying down on the grass and taking pictures and it was pretty cool. I am still a bit surprised that a family fun run included the Contemporary hill going both ways, but it did make for a nice challenge - or pain depending on how you look at it :)!
PM: Wine & Dine Half Marathon
PM: Wine & Dine Half Marathon - 13.38mi @ 15:19 per mi
Live and learn on this one. I was feeling great through 5.5 miles when all of a sudden my stomach began cramping terribly and continued to do so for the rest of the race. I now realize that I didn't fuel properly for this race...More on this in my trip report to come later.
Sunday
REST
Yep, it was a rest day - unless you count Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party :)! Except for some pain in my right knee I felt pretty good in terms of pain management.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post for the wrap up of how the following week went!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels