2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quick Post About Disneyland Half Weekend

Friday, September 3rd
I attended the expo and packet pick-up. It was busy, but not too bad. Watched one of Jeff Galloway's presentations - very interesting, think I might be checking out his run/walk/run method to see if it would work for me.

Saturday, September 4th
Completed the 5K. The race wasn't bad, but the course had a lot of bottlenecks in it. Still running through the parks is really fun. After the race was mass chaos....In fact, later in the day I found out they ran out of medallions and are going to mail them to people that didn't get one

Sunday, September 5th
My goal - finish the half marathon. COMPLETED! My slowest time ever, but I had a great time talking to people and walking the whole thing. The worst part right now is the blisters on the bottom of my feet.

Some stats from this weekend:
4000 people signed up for the 5K
14000 people signed up for the Half Marathon
2350 people were trying for the Coast to Coast medal
64% of the half marathon registrants were women
1000 participants were registered for the kid's races
Participants from all 50 states (Puerto Rico and Washington DC too)
16 countries were represented

I will do a full trip report when I get home, but I just wanted to share some quick information with you all!

Now I can look forward to the Wine & Dine Half!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!! And your time was FINE - it was sub 3:30! :) Wanna walk W&D with me? :) We'll keep each other's pace up!!!

MAIN STREET AWAITS!
Jonathan

Rae! said...

I am sooooo glad you finished!!!! SO how on earth did you get blisters this time?? Looks like we all maybe be walking ,but we will have fun!!
Take care of the feet!!
See you real soon!!!

Jeff W. said...

congrats on another completed run!

LauraElaine said...

So fun! Congrats on finishing!

Matt said...

Great job Amanda! You had fun and you finished, that is all that matters! See you in a few weeks!

Princess Fee said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations Amanda!! YOU DID IT!!!! So proud of you!!!

And on a side note, I use the Galloway method and it has actually helped me speed up my pace (over a year or so).

Yay! See you at W&D!

Chris said...

Congrats Amanda, you're going to need a new Disney medal wall for all that hardware. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish. It was fun hanging out with you for a few hours after the race at Disneyland.

Justin

Richard said...

Congratulations on finishing and completing the Coast to Coast Challenge! I was think about you and the rest of my friends out there over the weekend, partly wishing that I could be out there with all of you, while I was heading out to Austin for my Monday event. So proud of you for staying on target with all your tough training issues recently!

-Chris said...

Awesome job, Amanda. Like you said, on-the-course decisions sometimes have to be made, and that's what you did. If you made it across the line called "Finish", then your decision was a SUCCESS !

Great job, no doubt !

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels