2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #36


MIND CHECK
Not too bad of a week for me all around. I feel like I'm starting to get back to where I need to be and I'm taking everything one day at a time which I think is helping a lot. I still have a ton of stress at work as I'm forced to change bosses and responsibilities yet again, but I'm trying to deal with it.
BODY CHECK
How do I feel this week? Pretty darn good. Why? Because I put in 29.44 miles on my feet this week. This is the most I've done in a long time. Not only that, but I didn't walk all of those miles, I managed to get some running in as well. After all those miles I feel good, not too sore and no major complaints. That's saying something!
NUTRITION
This has been another great week in terms of food. I haven't cheated at all, I've stayed within my 1200-1500 calories and have just felt all around pretty good about the whole week in terms of eating!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Walk - 4mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill walk 4.25mi @ 16:43 per mi
Nothing to spectacular about this walk, but I got the miles in and felt pretty good doing it.
Tuesday
AM: Easy run - 4mi @ no target
PM: Treadmill easy run - 4.85mi, .51mi warm up, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, .48mi cool down
Today was a real test of the run/walk/run method. I'm happy to say that I was able to do my full 4mi without having to skip any specific intervals. This is the first time I've really done that much running without giving up and just walking and it felt really good to realize that I can still do it!
Wednesday
AM: Bike - 20mi no target
PM: Bike - 15mi @ 15.7mph avg, 57 mins, resistance level 3
No, I didn't get the full 20mi in today, but I haven't been on the bike in a while and it was really my rump that was having problems, not my legs. Darn bike seats ;)...Still felt good to get the miles in regardless.
Thursday
AM: Easy - 4mi @ no target
I skipped today's workout. I was so tired all day I was actually having problems staying awake at times. I figured rather than push to hard, I'd rest and regroup.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Treadmill easy run - 4.85mi, .54mi warm up walk, 4mi @ 14:16 per mi, .31mi cool down walk
Another successful run/walk/run trial today. I'm doing 2 mins run, 1 min walk right now and it feels pretty good in terms of times. I did the full 4mi again using this method and I really felt pretty great after the workout. In fact, I'm not feeling sore or wiped out after these runs which I realize is the whole point, but I was not convinced I would feel that way. Now I know better and I'm going to keep going with this method.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 6mi no target, cool down walk
AM: Long walk - 13.81mi, 1.7mi @ 17:13 per mi, 6.54mi @ 20:33 per mi including a grocery store stop, 3.84mi @ 19:02 per mi, 1.5mi @ 14:58 per mi, .24mi @ 16:34)
Yes, I'm absolutely crazy....I told my friend that I would do 6 miles with her today, knowing that would mean I'd be around 8mi since I was walking to/from her house. This is my friend that I'm walking the half marathon in November with - her first half marathon. I know I needed to push her to get the miles in and see what it feels like, but I really didn't want her to overdo it like this. I kept track of the mile and gave her updates starting at 3 miles...She wanted to keep going - I let her decide and went along with her. It was not a fast walk, but it was miles on the feet. I did not intend for this to by my longest walk ever, but there you have it - 13.81 miles - she ended up doing 10.34 which is pretty amazing since her longest to date was 6mi a month ago. How do I feel - great! I used body glide on my feet and while I had some hot spots no new big blisters and the spots that are still healing are doing great. I am surprised that I don't hurt more, but very happy. Now, I wonder what this is going to do to my half in a week....We shall see!
Sunday
REST
AM: Walk 1.68mi @ 16:55 per mi
Took the girls out this morning for a short walk. Just wanted to see how the body was feeling and stay loose. Feel pretty good - my arches were a little sore, but nothing severe and the ache dissipated by the end of the walk. Not a bad week all in all!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels