2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #32


MIND CHECK
Oh, it was a rough week. I got the flu starting on Tuesday and it drug me down all week...I'm better now and my mind is set on the upcoming half marathon.
BODY CHECK
It was not the mileage week I hoped for, but the flu will do that to you. After my long walk on Saturday my right knee is twinging a bit, but BioFreeze and Ice Packs work miracles and I'm sure it'll be fine in no time.
NUTRITION
This week was - sick if I eat, sick if I don't eat as I fought the flu. So, I just tried to keep the tummy happy this week.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 2mi @ 14:25 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill Easy - .25mi warm up walk, 2mi @ 13:32 per mi, .25mi cool down walk
Didn't make it outside, but the treadmill didn't feel too bad today. At least I got a couple of miles in.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 3mi no target
I tried, but was too sick today.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 3mi @ 13:13 per mi, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
Still fighting the flu and not feeling well at all.
Thursday
AM: Bike - 25mi no target
Still fighting the flu. Wanted to try walking, but couldn't even get workout gear on.
Friday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
Starting to feel better, but still have a sick stomach and feeling a bit weak.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 8mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill Long Walk - 8.84mi @ 16:29 per mi
I got up later than I wanted, had a little breakfast bar to see how the stomach would hold up. Not bad, but fell asleep on the couch. Got up early afternoon and got ready to walk on the treadmill. I wanted to get outside, but I'm still not feeling great and didn't want to be far from home and stranded. It was tough to be on the treadmill this long and I didn't run a single step. It took all my energy to put the time and effort in today. By the time I was done I was pretty shaky and definitely drained, but I did it and that felt good. My right knee is twinging a bit and I'll be icing it down, but otherwise I feel pretty good in terms of my legs.
Sunday
REST
Right knee is still a bit sore, but I'm using BioFreeze and Ice Packs and I think it'll loosen up and be fine in plenty of time for the race.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan.

1 comments:

Richard said...

Being sick is no good while training, but glad to hear you are getting better. Take car of that knee (don't I know that one all too well!) with ice and BioFreeze, and kinesiology tape if you need as well.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels