2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dopey Training Review -Week #31


MIND CHECK
It's been an interesting week for sure. I put some miles in - I guess having two weeks to the next half marathon has put some sort of motivation in my head. About time too! Overall I feel pretty good about this week. I still didn't get the long run/walk in that I wanted, but to late to worry about it now. I keep moving forward. While I didn't do quite as good as Chris and hit the 30+ mile mark, I did get in 23 miles which is only 4 miles short of my entire last month...Sad but true!
BODY CHECK
Surprisingly with all these miles this week I've been feeling okay. I've had some issues with migraines, sleeplessness and stomach problems, but these are all pretty normal for me during the stress I'm under and I didn't let any of them stop me. I am a bit concerned that all miles this week were done on the treadmill - I'm afraid it's messing with my pace and my stride, but we'll see.
NUTRITION
Not great, not terrible this week. I've had some good days and some bad days, but it is what it is.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:22 per mi, cool down walk
Since I wasn't feeling great today and I did 7 miles yesterday I decided to make this my rest day.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 2mi no target
PM: Treadmill Easy - 3.15mi,.33mi warm up walk, 1.48mi @ 15:33 per mi, 1.34mi cool down walk
I was going to try for the five I missed yesterday, but I did what I could and I feel okay about it. Worrying about pace on treadmill versus what I'll be able to do outside...
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 3mi @ 13:13 per mi, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill Tempo - 5.62mi, .36mi warm up walk, 1mi @ 16:27 per mi, 3mi tempo @ 13:36 per mi, 1mi @ 14:52 per mi, .26mi cool down walk
I did it - I did a full tempo workout on the treadmill. I even pushed the last 1/8th of a mile under 10 mins per mile (not Mike speed, but better than I've been doing). I did also manage to run almost the full three tempo miles too - which is something I haven't been doing.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Treadmill Walk 4.57mi @ 16:05 per mi
Took a nice easy walk on he treadmill. Felt good and wasn't too sore from yesterday's effort. Yet again there was a lot of work stress, but I didn't let it stop my workout - YEAH!
Friday
REST
Took the rest day today.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 14mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Treadmill Easy - 3.54mi, .25mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 13:15 per mi, .27mi cool down walk
Felt really good to push the three miles this morning. I really wanted to get my long run in later in the day, but things just didn't work out. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Sunday
REST
AM: Treadmill Walk 6.17mi @16:13 per mi
Well, this isn't what I was planning on doing. I wanted a half marathon. It just wasn't going to happen today. I felt a bit leaden and my stomach was upset so I stopped half way through again. My time was really slow today too....YIKES!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Chris said...

Feel good about this week as you did a great job. :-) Try to keep the momentum going for this next week so you can wind down a little bit the following week leading into the DL half.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels