2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #30


MIND CHECK
It was an up and down sort of week for me. I had my good days and my bad days. Overall, I feel pretty good about what I accomplished and I hope to keep going and really do better this next week too.
BODY CHECK
The knees are both doing okay right now. No new problems and actually they are feeling better.
NUTRITION
Well...this was not so good this week...I just couldn't stop myself from being horrible on the eating front. I'm still working on it though and haven't given up yet!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
The workout was not high on my list of things to do today...I decided today to start looking for a new job and I felt it was more important to get some things updated today instead.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 3mi no target
PM: Easy Treadmill - 2.42mi, .26mi warm up walk, 2mi @ 13:55 per mi, .16mi cool down walk
I was hoping for more mileage today. The treadmill felt really good today, but I didn't...I'm just going to keep plugging away - I have to improve sometime.
Wednesday
AM: Speed Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
PM: Speed Treadmill - 2.90mi, .27mi warm up walk, 1mi warm up jog, 1mi @ 11:36 per mi, .63mi cool down walk
So, I chickened out on the full distance again today. I did get one really quality mile in and I felt good about that - it's quicker than I've run in quite some time and it felt good to push a little bit. I really didn't want to overdo it too much.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Walk Treadmill - 4mi @ 15:49 per mi, .2mi cool down walk
I did the full distance tonight. I'm a bit sore and tired in my feet, but my knees feel better. Feeling good that I'm at least getting some miles in.
Friday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
Okay, so I skipped the miles today. Thought I'd try to rest up for a long run tomorrow.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 14mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Treadmill - 2.7mi @ 15:44 per mi
Total fail today. I set out to do my 14 miles and after the third time my darn treadmill key got knocked off the darn thing and I had to keep restarting the workout I gave up. I was in tears wondering what the heck I had gotten myself in to. I didn't feel like I could get myself through the DL Half Marathon, I was sure I was going to get swept and I just sort of gave up. Then after I cooled down and settled down I started to get my determination back. So, I didn't make my distance today...I'll keep trying until I do get it and I will finish the DL Half Marathon and everything else I've set myself up for!
Sunday
REST
AM: Treadmill Walk - 7mi @ 15:31 per mi
Nothing kept me down today. I may not have gotten in the 14 miles I wanted, but I did do 7 miles of the DL Half today....I created a Google Map for the treadmill and that's the route I did - it's very cool how it adjusts the incline during the workout. I don't feel super about the time, but I walked the whole thing and the fact that I did as much as I did made me feel much better today!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels