2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #29


MIND CHECK
Just when I was finally settled at work again and things were going well - it blows up in my face once again. I traveled for work this week and while the trip wasn't horrible, the stress that came out of the trip was. I am once again at a crossroad and need to figure out what's the right thing to do. That being said, I didn't do well with my planned workouts this week - I know recurring theme right? I swear that I'll get through this yet again and try my hardest to do it with more style!
BODY CHECK
I haven't been feeling great this week. It's rough traveling - I tend to swell very badly on planes and this trip was no exception. I have slept away a lot of this weekend, but I'm back and ready to do better this week!
NUTRITION
I did the best I could this week eating at the hotel and out...which is to say that I didn't do very well at all. I'm sure the scale will not be my friend tomorrow, but we'll see.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 2mi @ 14:25 per mi, cool down walk
Sadly, I only slept about two hours last night and that didn't come until about 5am...No workout today. Will try harder tomorrow.
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 15mi no target
AM: Easy Run Treadmill - 2.61mi total, .35mi warm up walk, 2mi @ 12:33 per mi, .26mi cool down walk
Bike - 15mi, 40 mins, resistance level 3
Ah, new shoes were quite nice today. Time to break in a new pair for the Disneyland Half and boy did these feel good. It really felt good getting some work in this morning!
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 5mi @ 13:12 per mi, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
Bad sleep again last night and long hours at work made me too tired to get to the gym this morning. Then it was a late night out with the team having dinner. The stress of work hit my pretty hard today as well.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
So tired. This trip is really draining me. I feel like such a cop out as so many other people manage to travel for work and still get good mileage in. I need some of that dedication right now.
Friday
AM: Bike - 30mi no target
Left the hotel at 4am (1am AZ time), took a five hour flight and by the time I got home that was it. I fell asleep on the couch shortly after I got home and that was pretty much where I stayed for the day.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 14mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk
How many weeks am I going to try to get this run in and fail? Well, it was another week this week that I failed to get this mileage in - or any mileage for that matter. I ended up on the couch for most of the day again - I'm just exhausted.
Sunday
REST or Walk - 3mi no target
Yep, I'm a slacker. I didn't get any miles again today either. I'm looking forward to a better week next week!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Chris said...

Okay, so I know it's tough when you lay the plan out and you don't meet your expectations. However, let me ask honestly if you feel your weekly goals are realistic right now? Don't feel bad if you knock it back a peg and start working your way back up to it again. Totally serious! I think the 14 miler when you have all that other stuff going on is probably not good on a couple of levels and i hate to see you beat yourself up by not making it. Let me know if I'm out of whack, but when I'm in the same situation I scale back my expectations to where I know I won't miss any of them that week and then start to build on that feeling again.

Work travel, oh yeah..I know exactly what you mean. Work all day, probably even after hours....have about 30 minutes to yourself prior to meeting the team for dinner...dinner always starts late, and then ends at like 10pm....ugh. I've recently just told our groups, ya know, I'm either not going to make dinner or I'm going to make it late after I get a short (2-3 miles) treadmill run. The funny thing...nobody really cares! LOL I always thought I'd catch flack for it.

Anyhoo, let me know if I can do anything to help in the positive motivation front! Extra buddy or something...whatever helps you get to your DL run and have fun with it.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels