2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #28


MIND CHECK
As always, the week before I travel anywhere is full of house work, yard work and just plain work. I didn't do near as well as I would have liked this week. I want to do better and I'm going to keep trying. One good thing that happened this week was getting my treadmill fixed (finally). All the roller bolts have been replaced and the belt tensioned correctly. The repair guy also fixed a rubbing spot that was making an annoying noise, realigned the space saver lock, and turned the display off demo mode. I only got one short workout in on it, but it felt really good while I was on it - here's hoping it stays that way.
BODY CHECK
I am still dealing with some issues here. I'm having some joint issues, especially my knees. It's strange times that they are bothering me, thankfully not really when I run or walk, but squatting, kneeling, etc...This isn't anything new for me - I go through stages like this, but I'm just going to keep a watch on things.
NUTRITION
I did pretty good on this front this week. It helped to have the whole week planned out so all I had to do was pick a plan for the day and go for it. I did fall off a bit on Friday and Saturday, but not as bad as I have been. Looking forward to continuing with this plan.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:31 per mi, cool down walk
Well, I wanted to run today, but I ended up cutting down a tree in my front yard and then hauling it to my backyard. That was a full hour and a half of pure pain in 105 degree heat! I'm counting this as a workout :)!
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
No luck on the workout front again today, but I did quite a bit of house work so at least I wasn't just sitting on the couch.
Wednesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 6mi @ 14:31 per mi, cool down walk
So, I put off my morning run because the treadmill repair guy was supposed to come out today...Well, you know that saying about the best laid plans right? Ridiculous, I thought the guy said Weds, he thought he said Thurs. Oh well, that's the way it goes some times.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 3mi no target
PM: Wog - 1.53mi treadmill, .31mi warm up walk, 1.23mi @ 16:53 per mi
Had hoped to do more today, but as I was testing the newly fixed treadmill I noticed that the dogs where being very quiet. Not a good sign, I stopped the belt and went to see what was going on and sure enough Jasmine had completely tore apart the garbage in the bathroom - it was everywhere. By the time I scolded her and cleaned up my motivation had left me and I decided to call it a day. The good news - the treadmill felt pretty good. No slipping, no noise, etc...It felt like I was going a lot faster than I was, but that's just me, not the machine ;)!
Friday
AM: Bike - 25mi no target
Nothing but excuses for why I didn't get anything done today....I had to do some shopping after work, it was way to hot outside, I was tired, I had things to get done around the house, etc....I really did have all those things going on, but I probably could have figured out how to make it all work.
Saturday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:22 per mi, cool down walk
AM: Easy Run/Walk - 7.96mi, .31mi warm up walk, 5mi @ 13:34 per mi, .5mi cool down walk, 2.16mi @ 17:15 per mi with the dogs
I got my planned mileage in and then some. It felt good to at least get that far for a change. I just need to keep on moving forward right now so I can get past some of the aches I'm feeling. I did a ton of house and yard work today as well - it was crazy busy.
Sunday
REST
Today was getting up at 3:40am to leave the house at 4:25 and head to the airport. A little walk around the airport, some stairs and a whole lot of sitting later and I'm here in New Jersey. Not good eating and drinking during the day lead me to eat very bad from room service tonight. I'll try to do better this week, but it's not going to be easy with the limited options I have here. Ah well, I'll do what I can.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Travel always seems to find a way to wreak havoc upon a schedule, good for you for planning to make the most of it. I'm going to go out on a limb (no pun intended) and assume that the tree cutting and moving was not really an otional task--it certainly counts as a workout in my book!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels