2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #30


MIND CHECK
If you've stuck with me this long - thank you! I know it must get very boring reading all the workouts I have planned and skipped - trust me, for me too! I am going to do my best to get miles on the feet this week. My treadmill is functional, I have new shoes to break in and a race coming up and I'm tired of letting everything else ruin my workouts! Now I just need you to hold me to it!
BODY CHECK
I'm having a little trouble with my right knee. Not sure what's going on, but I can't do any squats right now. It doesn't hurt to walk, run or bike - so I'm not terribly concerned, but I'll keep an eye on it. I probably just tweaked it moving furniture or sitting so long on airplanes.
NUTRITION
I'm working on this. I need to get to the store - didn't make it this weekend so the house is empty. That could lead to quick stops on the way home and I'd prefer not to do that. I'm just going to try to do my best this week and hopefully get back on track here.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 3mi no target
Wednesday
AM: Speed Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
Friday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 14mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk
Sunday
REST

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I just noticed how many bike miles you have this year, great job!

Seriously on the long run. I'd cut it down this week and maybe do a 5-6 miler followed by a solid bike ride. Save that knee and feel like it's something you can accomplish and not feel like you have to climb Everest when you wake up! Being a month out from DL it's all about getting the food in check and keeping up with consistent workouts no matter how long they are.

That's why I almost think you should throw the plan out and just scrap for mileage....maybe try and go smaller on the mileage and do something every day for the next 10 days and then you can get back to the plan. Just a thought. Trying to think outside the box with ya. :-)

No matter what you do, Lorraine and I are big fans of yours for your honesty and perserverence!

Richard said...

We all skip or cut short workouts at times, so you are not alone in that department. Several months ago I was also going through a rough spot for a few months before breaking our of my plateau to move forward--and you will eventually break free into a new area of fitness as well.

Good luck breaking in the new shoes!

Princess Fee said...

We are with you every step of the way! And we all skip workouts or cut them short...sometimes what matters is just doing something! Plus you have been fantastic keeping yourself motivated, so remember to cut yourself some slack.

Good luck with this week! And I would maybe heed Chris's advice with the long run. Especially if you're breaking in new shoes, but whatever you do, remember to enjoy it as much as possible!! :)

Rae! said...

Do you want me to send you some ktape for the knee?? I am saying this alot lately. It is easy to use and works well. Ask E. =)

Maybe you need to back off a little taper off and then ramp it up for a week.

For maintenance running 6 milers and then one long a week. It works great !

I am here for the long haul, virtual cheering !!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels