2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #29


MIND CHECK
I've been wondering how I'm going to do at the Disneyland Half Marathon which is just a month away. I know I can finish, I doubt that I'll PR on this one...I had really hoped to do well at this one, but my dedication and training just havent' been at the level they should have been to get to that point. Regardless, I am going to do the race, do my best and have fun doing it. In the meantime, I really need to increase my mileage as July was a bit pathetic and I know I can do better.
BODY CHECK
I feel like I need to get back to basics with Pilates and stretching - my muscles seem tight and I need to remedy that. I think if I can get back on track with these I'll be doing a lot better. I also need to work harder at the weight loss to help ease the aches in my joints - I know carrying the extra weight is not helping me.
NUTRITION
This week is not going to be good. I'm traveling and have very limited options and while I'll do what I can, I am not making any promises on this front.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 2mi @ 14:25 per mi, cool down walk
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 15mi no target
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up run no target, 5mi @ 13:12 per mi, 1mi cool down run no target, cool down walk
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
Friday
AM: Bike - 30mi no target
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk, 14mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk
Sunday
REST or Walk - 3mi no target

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

3 comments:

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Hello! I am a new follower! I look forward to reading more of your posts! Feel free to check out my blog too...I have 6 current giveaways going on too!

P.S. my name is Amanda too!!

Chris said...

Do what you can on the foot front, remember to drink alot of water, that usually helps me get through meetings and whatnot...that and decaf coffee. Have to get up alot, but I'm not as hungry. :-)

I think getting back to basics is a good thing. If the food is the issue, try to concentrate on that and even cut down on the workouts if that's taking away the focus. I found I needed to have one under control prior to moveing to the next. The other thing that hurt me was "counting" my workouts for more than they were worth. Sure a 5 mile run feels like I should be able to eat a towering burger and fries, but in reality it's more like a turkey sandwich with cheese and a small bag of Doritos! LOL

Keep focused! I know you'll get there if you take it one step at a time (pardon the pun).

Rae! said...

I think you will do way better than you think you will.
Besides you will be in the Land!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels